Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 09:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times

Advertisements

The relentless TV political ads wasnt just propaganda as counties are now face with education shortfalls created by our republican majority state legislators.

For instance in Iredell county the school system is facing the potential loss of four dozen teachers next school year. Also larger class sizes, fewer electives and AP courses when cuts come to pass.

State officials working on estimates of state revenues have informed school districts to prepare for a two-percent cut in general expense dollars as well, which in I-SS would mean $2 million to pay teachers.

Governor Pat MCCroy as of right now his tax plan is looking at a 400 million deficit, so look for more cuts to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 09:53 AM

978 posts, read 2,054,903 times
This isn't going to turn out well for NC. I fear that in 10-20 years people will start leaving the state due to the educational system taking a tank. People are already unhappy with it, but not enough to leave.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:34 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,698,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The relentless TV political ads wasnt just propaganda as counties are now face with education shortfalls created by our republican majority state legislators.

For instance in Iredell county the school system is facing the potential loss of four dozen teachers next school year. Also larger class sizes, fewer electives and AP courses when cuts come to pass.

State officials working on estimates of state revenues have informed school districts to prepare for a two-percent cut in general expense dollars as well, which in I-SS would mean $2 million to pay teachers.

Governor Pat MCCroy as of right now his tax plan is looking at a 400 million deficit, so look for more cuts to come.
This verifies what someone said about the teacher raises - that they are not sustainable.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:44 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
We have discussed this for a few months. The tax cuts and creation of a flat or less tax for Corp. will result in Real Estate taxes going through the roof... When you have to start paying 2-3 dollars on a hundred of value, you will miss paying a couple percent higher on income.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
We have discussed this for a few months. The tax cuts and creation of a flat or less tax for Corp. will result in Real Estate taxes going through the roof... When you have to start paying 2-3 dollars on a hundred of value, you will miss paying a couple percent higher on income.
Yes, you & I have seen this play out before. It gets really ugly.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Yes, you & I have seen this play out before. It gets really ugly.
Yes NJ has gotten worse with the tax cuts of the big man CC. I have in-laws thinking of going into upstate NY to get away from NJ taxes. It can get just as bad here.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Yes NJ has gotten worse with the tax cuts of the big man CC. I have in-laws thinking of going into upstate NY to get away from NJ taxes. It can get just as bad here.
My sister is getting hammered, too. She doesn't want to leave because they have a grandson. My brother-in-law wants to go to Virginia. I keep telling her to go to Delaware. If these clowns drive up my property taxes too much I'll go to Delaware.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
My sister is getting hammered, too. She doesn't want to leave because they have a grandson. My brother-in-law wants to go to Virginia. I keep telling her to go to Delaware. If these clowns drive up my property taxes too much I'll go to Delaware.
Well my family moved here after kids went to college and married and started having grandkids. I will become more active to try and protect what my grandkids will inherit. These supposed fiscal Conservatives have no clue how to make things work.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:18 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,656 times
NC reelected the Republican legislature so its hard to feel sorry for the state. They knew the Republicans disdain for public education and still put them back into office.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:21 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,538,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
NC reelected the Republican legislature so its hard to feel sorry for the state. They knew the Republicans disdain for public education and still put them back into office.
Obviously this is what people in this state want or do they actually have any idea what last place in public education looks like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina