Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 08:49 PM

91 posts, read 253,787 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading and have posted a few times in this forum and have learned so much---thanks everyone!

Well, <deep breath> we are taking the plunge. The house is going on the market tomorrow. As soon as it sells, we are Lake Norman area bound! My husband, 2 kids, nearly 13 and 11, and 3 dogs.

Realtor said we could be in this for some time since the market has really changed here in Arizona, but we are prepared (I think)

Ordered my St. Joe statue to bury in the yard, gave a bunch of stuff away, got it all cleaned and staged, so I guess the games begin. I just hope all of us can live like this--I feel like we can't even put foot prints in the carpet!!! At any rate, Wish us luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 08:51 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAndTerri
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading and have posted a few times in this forum and have learned so much---thanks everyone!

Well, <deep breath> we are taking the plunge. The house is going on the market tomorrow. As soon as it sells, we are Lake Norman area bound! My husband, 2 kids, nearly 13 and 11, and 3 dogs.

Realtor said we could be in this for some time since the market has really changed here in Arizona, but we are prepared (I think)

Ordered my St. Joe statue to bury in the yard, gave a bunch of stuff away, got it all cleaned and staged, so I guess the games begin. I just hope all of us can live like this--I feel like we can't even put foot prints in the carpet!!! At any rate, Wish us luck!
Little prayer might help too

Old 08-05-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley
Little prayer might help too
Yep, the little prayer goes right along with the statue...something I won't forget...in this market, I think we are going to need a little devine intervention.

Thanks T'Alley

Old 08-05-2006, 09:05 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAndTerri
Hi Everyone,

We are headed to the same place and are coming from the same place except I'm on the east side over here in Az. We just finished painting today and we are headed to NC on Tuesday and when we get back we have to put our new carpet in and then we can put it on the market.

I wish you the best of luck! See ya at Lake Norman meet ya at Birkdale

Old 08-06-2006, 07:52 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
We are headed to the same place and are coming from the same place except I'm on the east side over here in Az. We just finished painting today and we are headed to NC on Tuesday and when we get back we have to put our new carpet in and then we can put it on the market.

I wish you the best of luck! See ya at Lake Norman meet ya at Birkdale
Birkdale- cocktail remember when ya get here!!!!!!!
She can join us too

Old 08-06-2006, 08:21 AM

787 posts, read 3,583,860 times
"Ordered my St. Joe statue to bury in the yard."

I am not Catholic so I am assuming this is a Catholic tradition of sorts? Can you explain? It seems like a great idea to me.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:28 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc
Birkdale- cocktail remember when ya get here!!!!!!!
She can join us too

I have got you written down on my calendar.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:55 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
I have got you written down on my calendar.
Perfect, my kind of gal!!!!

Old 08-06-2006, 10:01 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,830,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanytedder

I am not Catholic so I am assuming this is a Catholic tradition of sorts? Can you explain? It seems like a great idea to me.

Didn't work at all for us, think hubby burried it 3 or 4 months ago. House has been up since Feb.

I have now tried the Feng Shui Frog. I put a little ceramic frog on top of a chinese coin (with hole in the center) and have it by the front door facing in. It is suppose to bring wealth into your home. That's been out just about 2 weeks now. Hmmmm

Old 08-06-2006, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanytedder

I am Catholic, but didn't know much about this until I started reading in this very forum. There is also a website where you can buy the statue. Just do an internet search and you'll find out all of the info. There are many variations to the whole process.

We are going to give it a whirl and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina