Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 07:16 AM

454 posts, read 940,259 times

Advertisements

Police in Fargo Interview 2 in Investigation of Elderly Bismarck Woman's Murder | WDAZ | Grand Forks, ND

For those of you who are new to ND - this type of thing is a rarity around here, so when it happens, it comes as a shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 02:40 PM

155 posts, read 748,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk/Deutsch/Polska View Post
Police in Fargo Interview 2 in Investigation of Elderly Bismarck Woman's Murder | WDAZ | Grand Forks, ND

For those of you who are new to ND - this type of thing is a rarity around here, so when it happens, it comes as a shock.
WOW!!! It must be open season on 83 year old women there. This is the second crime in ND "that I know of" that involved the assault of an 83 year old woman, in less than 30 days.

24-year-old Jailed for Raping 83-year-old Dickinson Woman - KXNet - Bismarck/Minot/Williston/Dickinson

Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
just saw on the forum's newspaper site.... her son was arrested for the theft of the woman's vehicle which was found in fargo. no word on arrest for her murder.

Victim's son arrested in Fargo for alleged theft of SUV of slain Bismarck 83-year-old | INFORUM | Fargo, ND

Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM

611 posts, read 1,456,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk/Deutsch/Polska View Post

It's always a shock to me when someone kills the very young....or the very old, and I am from Florida, home of Zimmerman and Casey Anthony.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Wasn't there a quadruple murder last year in Minot? Was that case ever resolved?

Old 03-30-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastWilson View Post
WOW!!! It must be open season on 83 year old women there. This is the second crime in ND "that I know of" that involved the assault of an 83 year old woman, in less than 30 days.

24-year-old Jailed for Raping 83-year-old Dickinson Woman - KXNet - Bismarck/Minot/Williston/Dickinson
I know, that's what makes this so dang strange for this area. According to the news last night, her son was arrested in Fargo and charged with the theft of her car: Grenstiner`s Son Charged with Vehicle Theft on KFYR-TV North Dakota's NBC News Leader. He has a record of GSI with an 11 year old female and a theft conviction in his past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttygal86 View Post
It's always a shock to me when someone kills the very young....or the very old, and I am from Florida, home of Zimmerman and Casey Anthony.
Glad to know that there are others who aren't so conditioned to these things happening that they don't even bat an eye anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Wasn't there a quadruple murder last year in Minot? Was that case ever resolved?
Yes, there was, and a suspect has been arrested and charged with the slaying of one of the victims. Man Held in Grand Forks Jail Accused in Minot Murder | WDAZ | Grand Forks, ND

Minot also had the killing at the Candlewood Suites in March of 2011: Murder charges - MinotDailyNews.com | News, sports, business, jobs - Minot Daily News

Old 03-30-2012, 08:10 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
it happened here to a friend of mine she however lived.
the numbing part is those that did this have no remorse and a woman was leader of the kidnap home invasion and torture gang.
the worst part of it all is the utter unwillingness of the community to punish these monsters. i dont like obama but he has had the seals kill people that needed it. justice was indeed served.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:50 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
We live in such violent times. I miss the 60's.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
We live in such violent times. I miss the 60's.
Times they are a changin' - and not for the better imo .

The murder victims son has been charged with the crime:

KVRR Fox Fargo Moorhead - Son Charged In Bismarck Woman's Murder

On one hand, it comes as a relief to me that there isn't some unknown crazy killer roaming around - but on the other hand, I find it extremely disturbing that a son would beat his mother to death. If they would have kept him locked up when they had him on the conviction of the GSI with the 11 year old girl, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to murder his own mother - this man is a very special kind of SICK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota