Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,356 times

Advertisements

I am a Equipment operator from North Carolina, Dozer, excavator, motorgrader,scraper are my game. Does anyone have any info on jobs in or around the oil fields. Any info would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozermand6h View Post
I am a Equipment operator from North Carolina, Dozer, excavator, motorgrader,scraper are my game. Does anyone have any info on jobs in or around the oil fields. Any info would be helpful
Hexco (old Hexom Earth Construction) or JMAC Resources (new Hexom Earth Construtction. JMAC has a new shop west of Williston right off the highway. Hexco is across the highway from JMAC. JMAC had been advertising in The Shopper, Inc. - Williston, ND - Classifieds, Help Wanted, Real Estate and More! for equipment operators.

JMAC Resources - Homepage

HEXCO | Williston, ND | Construction, Materials, Trucking

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM

477 posts, read 1,506,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
Hexco (old Hexom Earth Construction) or JMAC Resources (new Hexom Earth Construtction. JMAC has a new shop west of Williston right off the highway. Hexco is across the highway from JMAC. JMAC had been advertising in The Shopper, Inc. - Williston, ND - Classifieds, Help Wanted, Real Estate and More! for equipment operators.

JMAC Resources - Homepage

HEXCO | Williston, ND | Construction, Materials, Trucking
Also, Melgaard Construction is a good place to put in with.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:08 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozermand6h View Post
Well, they just ok'd the truck route for alternative roads around Williston, to be paved. I thought they had for Watford and Dickinson also. See Williston Herald yesterday. That may be an opportunity. Also, every well they drill has to be moved in and sit up. Check the various threads related to anything about wells, jobs etc. on this N.D. forum. And, lastly....there are lots of jobs, and your work background imo would be sought after. Check the jobs leads threads, lots of posted names of companies, start applying. Good luck, just start reading lots of good info, check the youtube videos re: oil field Williston, etc. on here also.This guy just moved up here, he might be willing to give you some advice, here is the name to his thread Rickydink update (Minot, Williston: apartment, rental, how much)

Last edited by JanND; 02-23-2012 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 02-23-2012, 07:09 PM

60 posts, read 156,838 times
I have requested and been granted three days off as my wife is flying in from North Carolina tomorrow. Life has been grueling without the comforts of my lovely wife's domestic skills. That is changing soon as we have rented a new apartment here in Minot and will move in around the middle of March. I am going to assist a coworker in getting my current room from my great land lady. Still lots of great paying jobs and I expect that will only increase as better weather arrives. My Employer advertises on radio and billboards in Minot and Williston. A new shop is being planned for Dickinson too.

I can honestly say this is a adventurous life and I am enjoying it.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:56 AM

Good for you RickyDink!!

Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 AM

625 posts, read 1,882,651 times
Thanks for another great update....'course, even if it wasn't so great, we'd still like to know. ) Hope your wife likes it up here, too.

I'll have to message you sometime to find out what all she likes & can maybe have a friend who lives in Minot look her up.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 PM

how is everyone??? Would really enjoy updates from the new and old folks. New jobs?? Job leads? Keep em coming....Laina....Have a safe trip..Glad about your Hubby's new job!!

Old 04-13-2012, 03:00 PM

60 posts, read 156,838 times
I am still working lots of hours but did not get a pay increase at the end of the 90 days probation period. I am not alone and even the men with the longest time in the job (7 months) have not gotten an increase. I updated my resume and sent it out. I had two hits last week and interviewed for a better position this week. They said to expect an offer letter by Monday. Until I get the new job I must remain quiet about the employer.

My wife is enjoying our new apartment and it larger than our home in North Carolina and has new appliances. The weather has been very nice and the area is starting to green up. We spent Easter Sunday in Bismark and had a great meal at the Kobe Steakhouse. A luxury of the overtime hours I have put in. I also got my first bonus check today.

My wife has guardianship of her 8 year old granddaughter and has decided not to seek work until the child is back with her mother. She keeps me fit for work and takes care of Brynna.

As a military retiree I get free health care on Minot AFB. I saw my new Dr last week and picked up all my meds for zero.

My life is greatly improved by my decision and subsequent move to North Dakota. I encourage you all to take the leap of faith.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:36 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydink63 View Post
I am still working lots of hours but did not get a pay increase at the end of the 90 days probation period. I am not alone and even the men with the longest time in the job (7 months) have not gotten an increase. I updated my resume and sent it out. I had two hits last week and interviewed for a better position this week. They said to expect an offer letter by Monday. Until I get the new job I must remain quiet about the employer.

My wife is enjoying our new apartment and it larger than our home in North Carolina and has new appliances. The weather has been very nice and the area is starting to green up. We spent Easter Sunday in Bismark and had a great meal at the Kobe Steakhouse. A luxury of the overtime hours I have put in. I also got my first bonus check today.

My wife has guardianship of her 8 year old granddaughter and has decided not to seek work until the child is back with her mother. She keeps me fit for work and takes care of Brynna.

As a military retiree I get free health care on Minot AFB. I saw my new Dr last week and picked up all my meds for zero.

My life is greatly improved by my decision and subsequent move to North Dakota. I encourage you all to take the leap of faith.
Even though you didn't get a raise yet I'd stay with Power Fuels. They are one of the MAJORS up here for trucking companies. I assume that is who you are working for.....

Grass isn't always greener for a few more bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota