Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:32 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times

Advertisements

I have to say this is imo the most informative article that I have ever posted. Please check the many other links on the page in the left margin of this first article...I did post a few...but there are many more. Also, below those links, there are many helpful resource links...Enjoy
Spokesman Review April 2, 2012......"North Dakota oil boom provides hope and prosperity - Spokesman.com - April 29, 2012"

"ND The New American Dream" clip of the couple from first article.... chttp://www.spokesman.com/soundslides/2012/apr/23/new-american-dream/

"ND Oil Boom offers families security"....http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...milies-secure/

"ND Oil jobs plentiful...but do your research first"......
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...esearch-first/

Reminder, check the left margin for many other articles, stories and below that many great resource links....

Last edited by JanND; 04-29-2012 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: links
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 10:56 AM

45 posts, read 86,272 times
Great stuff.as always Jan. I hope to potentially make your acquaintance whence i.arrive infirst week of june

Old 04-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Lokahi Thanks....appreciate your posts and your comments too.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:44 AM

477 posts, read 1,506,967 times
I like the do your research first article, lol, can't stress that enough! Good stuff JanND!

I can't lie and say it's not providing me and my girls are more stable income. I am saving up for a trip for me and them, life dream to take them to Orlando this coming winter. Although I worked via the internet for many years, I actually had some health issues last spring that ended up putting a strain on my finances and I couldn't work for a couple of months here. I used my credit cards to pay for bills until I doctored and doctored some more to get better so I have those I am paying off. Now I am working and working to get ahead and enjoy some of the wealth that is around this area. I could actually hire employees right now with all the work, but I am not sure I want the hassle, lol.

I know how it is to struggle, so I only wish those that are doing so themselves right now are able to rise above it and be happy without financial worries. For as long as this lasts anyways, lol.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 AM

746 posts, read 1,729,757 times
Jan: am so sorry I double posted these articles in another thread. How I didn't see this thread I'll nevr know. But since the articles were so good, guess a second posting didn't hurt.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
Jan: am so sorry I double posted these articles in another thread. How I didn't see this thread I'll nevr know. But since the articles were so good, guess a second posting didn't hurt.
It sure didn't. I am still reading the others referenced in the margins. Hey, GMTA Always happy to share w/ a great contributor like You.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:58 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
Will Minot and Bismarck become the next Calgary and Edmonton? Or will this honor fall to two smaller towns like Williston, and Dickinson or some other town?

Old 05-02-2012, 12:27 AM

Midland and Odessa, Texas are better examples. Odessa is mostly field workers. Midland has a skyline with a lot of office jobs. Both now around 100,000, but were both dusty railroad sidings when oil was discovered. The Permian Basin where Midland and Odessa are located produces about twice what the Bakken now does. Williston maybe gets to around 50,000 and Minot to probably 75,000. Bismarck will be adding tons of office jobs.

The Bakken is already causing significant job growth in major oil cities like Houston, Denver, Oklahoma City, Calgary, etc. A sibling of mine works in downtown Denver and the office expansion by some of the Bakken companies headquartered there is impressive.

In Texas, there is a new formation called the Eagle Ford that is growing faster in production than the Bakken. The Eagle Ford is about 100 miles from the Gulf coast starting west of Houston and going all the way to Mexico. The small towns there are also being inundated with rigs and workers, but the proximity to Corpus Christi and San Antonio helps a bit. San Antonio is getting a huge boost from the Eagle Ford.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:38 AM

Financial analysts that follow the Bakken are predicting around 1.3 million barrels / day by 2016, which would exceed what the PermianBasin is now producing. The Permian Basin is also seeing horizontal drilling now, so its production may go up by 50% or more by 2016. Eagle Ford is proected at at 1.5 million / day.

If that 1.3 million barrels / day in the Bakken really happens, the pace of growth would be non~stop through at least 2016.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:03 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
So I guess we wont be switching to green energy

Would the Minot and Bismarck area be a good place for investment not directly involved with oil, or is the middle of the oil patch where all the money will be had? Or has it already been had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota