Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 09:22 PM

4 posts, read 14,089 times

Advertisements

We currently live in TN. We are looking to find a farm for rent. We have several animals that need their own space as well as us. We have four boys ages 8 to 12. Our plan is to move to ND after finding a farm to rent while waiting for our house to sell. Does anyone know of any properties with a house at least 3 BR and 10+ acres with barns for rent...or perhaps where someone could find this type of information?

We have researched ND for about three year now. We know this is the type of living that we want our children to grow up in and we can't wait to move there but it would be nice to have a place to end up!!! We eventually want to buy a 50+ acre farm. Not sure of what area we want to buy in but we plan to finalized that after the house sales and we have spent some time in the area.

I have recently graduated from college with a BA but at this time, there is just no opportunities for me here. I am curious as to what kind of jobs are available and what is the average salaries offered.

I have researched the schools in ND and understand that there are great school systems in ND. There is a help your neighbor kind of atmosphere that we do not have here. This is the type of surroundings that is perfect for our family.

He is a farmer by trade. What type of farm work is available and what areas are best for farm job opportunities and land?

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 AM

18 posts, read 53,315 times
Hey. I can't find anything for rent but I did find these following farms for sale. I don't know if it helps but it's all I could find so far. I'll keep looking for rentals

FARMSTEAD IN GRANT COUNTY, Great 4 bedroom, 2 bath home located on 157 acres, numerous grain bins, steel shop & 2 barns in exc. cond., Absolutely beautiful setting just 1 mile from Lake Tschida, great hunting land nearby. Susie Lefor, 701-290-0538 Realtor.

[SIZE=4]Rose Rock Stables For Sale[/SIZE][SIZE=4]:[/SIZE]Foster County; Just 4.5 miles east of progressive Carrington, on Hwy. 200 is a prestigious 60 acre horse property with a beautiful 3,000 sq. ft. 5 bedroom two story home, horse barn and cemented shop. Surrounded by dense trees and it's own wildlife sanctuary, this is the ultimate in country living. Price reduced to $275,000!! REDUCED TO SELL!

7. [SIZE=4]Turtle Lake Farmstead For Sale[/SIZE] (broken link)[SIZE=4]:[/SIZE] McLean County; Here is a nice farmstead with a lot of potential in a great location. The combination of pasture, outbuildings and a nice house paint a wonderful hobby farm picture.Tucked in the rolling hills along the McClusky Canal is a nice farmstead on 76.79 acres northeast of Washburn just south of Turtle Lake. This farmstead has a spacious 3+2 bedroom ranch-style home with fireplace, hardwood floors, built-ins, rec room and double attached garage. Outbuildings include barn w/good corrals, shop, storage buidling and pole bldgs. Seller asking $180,000.

[SIZE=4]Retzlaff Homestead For Sale[/SIZE] (broken link)[SIZE=4]:[/SIZE] Wells County; Beautiful and well maintained homestead with a fully remodeled two story home, double garage, hip roof barn and cemented quonset surrounded by dense trees and evergreens on 10 acres +/- with an additional 8 acres available. Park-like yard with large rock waterfall, perennial flowers and fruit trees. Sellers asking $182,000.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 AM

18 posts, read 53,315 times
I also found these sites. I don't know how much help they will be. Farms for rent, farmsforrent, www.farmsforrent.org North Dakota ranch, northdakotaranch, www.northdakotaranch.com

Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 AM

Macdonni,

Thank you so much for all the research you have done for us. It is really important to rent first as we need to empty the house here to get it ready to sell. It will sell quicker that way. We also want to look around before we buy to find an area that we feel would be home to us.
We are very excited about coming to North Dakota. We have been researching that state for a couple of years. It seems like the place to raise a family in a community that will help each other and be friendly. We just don't see that in this area any more...rude, not willing to help, etc.

The kids are really looking forward to it. They have never seen a real snow. Our biggest snow, during their lifetime, was about 2 inches and melted within a day...so that is the winter snow storm that we have had here. Not alot of sledding done. I bought one sled when my twins were 2 (they are now 12) and they never used it!

We feel that they are deprived of the different cultures that are found elsewhere. They do not know that there are 4 seasons. We know of 2....hot and cold.

We have heard that ND has excellent schools. That is really important as we have just had a case here in the school my children are zoned for because one of the TEACHERS brought a hand gun into school with her. Besides being a federal offense, it makes you feel really uncomfortable to send your kids to school everyday! We would really like to move before the school year is over so that the kids will make friends before the summer break.

Hope to see you in February or early March. If I don't see ya, he will, LOL. He says regardless, either we all come or he'll come! Not sure if we can find what we are looking for without actually being there.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:23 PM

624 posts, read 1,161,418 times
Default Real Estate

You could also try REALTOR.com - Real Estate Listings & Homes For Sale.

Finding a rental to suit your needs is very hard to do.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:38 AM

325 posts, read 1,548,567 times
Believe it or not, North Dakota land values are going up. But, you can still get some great deals if you keep looking. I would check out the following website:
North Dakota Farms, Land and Ranches For Sale
They deal in land, farms, ranches in the central part of North Dakota from the South Dakota border to near Manitoba to the North. Although most of the properties they have listed are For Sale, you might be able to work out a deal with Rent to own.
Anyway, I have talked to this realtor in the past as I was interested in purchasing a hobby farm, but decided I wanted to live on a lake instead. They were helpful.
Good luck on your search and finding a new place for your family.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:25 AM

MikeyToo,
I was wandering if we were going to hear from you...I have read your posts on several other threads...You certainly have alot of info on ND. Any way, thanks for the lead. We follow up on each one we get. We feel we are making progress, but it is just going alot slower than we want. Again thanks and good to meet ya!

Old 01-15-2008, 09:43 AM

13 posts, read 51,451 times
Hi,
My husband has been watching the ND Job Service--Farm help. Looks to be tens and tens of jobs posted for almost any situation desired in any part of ND if a farm job is wanted. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota