Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM

202 posts, read 568,167 times

Advertisements

the great Wolf has no specials at the moment. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausages View Post
the great Wolf has no specials at the moment. Thanks
i dunno, Cove Haven?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,699 times
H200000 at Split Rock Lodge in Lake Harmony? You can buy day passes to the water park and stay at an area hotel if the resort is priced too expensive.
As a side note, we have been to Great Wolf once. It is really expensive, and would consider it the Disney World of water parks.
We have traveled several times to Splash Lagoon in Erie. We saved a lot of money driving there. They have three independent hotels attached to the water park and an econo lodge across the street with shuttle service.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:18 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Great Wolf is horrible....I mean, the waterpark is nice and a lot of fun (other than the extremely cramped changing rooms, where fathers were forced to get their little kids changed in corners with nowhere to sit or move...the room was literally 10"x10" with at least 50 people at a time attempting to use it), but the hotel and the service leave something to be desired, to say the least. We went there last year for a night, had to wait in an hour-long line at the front desk just to find out that the rooms weren't ready, and they would notify us by text message when the room was ready...in the meantime we could go to the waterpark....well 6:00 pm came and went and no word from them...so I went to stand in a half-hour line to be rudely told the room still wasn't ready...I told them we have a 2-year-old who hasn't had a nap and he's an unhappy camper at that point, so they claimed they had a manager go to check the room and he said it was done. We finally get to the room by 6:30 to find it hadn't been cleaned...there were dirty towels on the floor, full garbage cans, unmade and unchanged beds..etc.....so then we had to wait for housekeeping to come and do a quickie cleanup. For 400 bucks a night, that is totally uncalled for. Didn't get a partial refund, a free meal, or even a "sorry." I sent a complaint letter to their main office that went unanswered.
Plus, EVERYTHING is outrageously priced there. If we want to go to a waterpark, I'll wait for summer and go to Camel Beach....or maybe check out Split Rock, where they at least let you go to the waterpark without getting a room.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM

202 posts, read 568,167 times
Default your correct

Great Wolf is not nice, lots of people and very expensive...

oh well will look around for something special.

Thanks

Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 PM

well, if you don't want to check out H20000 in Lake Harmony. How about a trip to Philly and go to the Science Center and museums?
how old is your son?

Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Great Wolf is horrible....I mean, the waterpark is nice and a lot of fun (other than the extremely cramped changing rooms, where fathers were forced to get their little kids changed in corners with nowhere to sit or move...the room was literally 10"x10" with at least 50 people at a time attempting to use it), but the hotel and the service leave something to be desired, to say the least. We went there last year for a night, had to wait in an hour-long line at the front desk just to find out that the rooms weren't ready, and they would notify us by text message when the room was ready...in the meantime we could go to the waterpark....well 6:00 pm came and went and no word from them...so I went to stand in a half-hour line to be rudely told the room still wasn't ready...I told them we have a 2-year-old who hasn't had a nap and he's an unhappy camper at that point, so they claimed they had a manager go to check the room and he said it was done. We finally get to the room by 6:30 to find it hadn't been cleaned...there were dirty towels on the floor, full garbage cans, unmade and unchanged beds..etc.....so then we had to wait for housekeeping to come and do a quickie cleanup. For 400 bucks a night, that is totally uncalled for. Didn't get a partial refund, a free meal, or even a "sorry." I sent a complaint letter to their main office that went unanswered.
Plus, EVERYTHING is outrageously priced there. If we want to go to a waterpark, I'll wait for summer and go to Camel Beach....or maybe check out Split Rock, where they at least let you go to the waterpark without getting a room.
We were there on a slow day, and there were hardly any crowds. Super expensive is right! But the service we received while there was very good.
Although I wouldn't go back again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania