Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2021, 07:20 AM

8,079 posts, read 7,444,309 times

Advertisements

Any word on this? It was all the rage last night on the local Scranton channels, even making the national news for a while (ABC, CNN, and Fox News all carried it on their web sites). And no updates this morning. Suspects still at large and no descriptions.

https://fox56.com/news/local/mayor-4...-investigating

Is the "shelter in place" order still in effect? Did the victims know the suspects? Or are the suspects clamming up because it's a gang thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 12:34 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
I see five have been arrested: https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...2-beb711be2562. Hopefully that is the end of these shootings.

I was sitting in my dentist office up on Route 196 today and I asked him if he is considering a good thick stone wall separating his building from the road!

Unfortunately tensions are very high with the lockdown dragging on. Yesterday my sister just missed a hit an run driver in in the Bartonsville area. A woman smacked the car in front of her and took off it's bumper and then continued to flee the scene. I had the same thing happen about four months ago. A lot of people are stressed out and then, when you combine drugs and guns, terrible things happen. All of those that were arrested were pretty young and one was only 16. Since one victim was shot in the head it could easily be turned into murder charges filled against all of them.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:20 PM

Wow. According to this, the shootings all started over a case of "mistaken identity". Funny how common black Mercedes apparently are up in APCP, though.

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/poco...aken-identity/

Old 01-19-2021, 04:14 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Wow. According to this, the shootings all started over a case of "mistaken identity". Funny how common black Mercedes apparently are up in APCP, though.

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/poco...aken-identity/

Welfare cheats using drug money to buy those homes and cars up there....I've seen them at the Walmart in Mt. Pocono a few years ago paying for their groceries with WIC and EBT then getting into Mercedes, Cadillacs, and BMW's....not surprised this is happening in that area between Mt. Pocono/Tobyhanna and anywhere east of there....this was the main reason why I didn't buy anywhere up there and looked 1/2 hour south of there....I only go up there now to see my nephew in Stillwater Lakes and that's all....

Last edited by DavidWebb; 01-19-2021 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: added more info

Old 01-19-2021, 05:44 PM

226 posts, read 158,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
Welfare cheats using drug money to buy those homes and cars up there....I've seen them at the Walmart in Mt. Pocono a few years ago paying for their groceries with WIC and EBT then getting into Mercedes, Cadillacs, and BMW's....not surprised this is happening in that area between Mt. Pocono/Tobyhanna and anywhere east of there....this was the main reason why I didn't buy anywhere up there and looked 1/2 hour south of there....I only go up there now to see my nephew in Stillwater Lakes and that's all....

Sad but true..
IMO it was a turf war gun battle between drug dealers. Let the bullets fly -don't worry about possible innocent bystanders.

They should rename PCP Pocono Chicago Place.

I'm glad I live nowhere in that area and have a 25 mile buffer zone.

Two years ago, I was visiting Tobyhanna StatePark (I heard rumors about drug deals going down there).

I approached the main parking lot at end of my hike and there were 2 cars parked opposed to each other (I figured drug deal in process). The bandana wearing brotha - driver of the black Acura was staring me down big time because I was walking to my vehicle about 30 feet from them. The dude riding shotgun in his car raised his hand and waved at me - like get the H out of here. I did not increase my stride at all. And I thought - I wonder if they know I am carrying concealed and already unclipped my holster. I got to my car and they left - after giving me another wannabe tough guy ghetto stare.

I hate Scumbags.

Old 01-20-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
Now I've heard that the people in the Mercedes jumped out and "started shooting back" at the Volvo. What, is everyone in APCP running around armed, and driving European luxury cars?

They claim it was a case of "mistaken identity" but I doubt it. It sounds like a typical case of "I didn't see nothin', don't know nothin', didn't see nobody, don't know how I got shot".

Old 01-20-2021, 07:33 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
It sounds like a typical case of "I didn't see nothin', don't know nothin', didn't see nobody, don't know how I got shot".

They never know anything!! That's why they live the life they CHOOSE to live: BY DRUGS & THE GUN!! Then they want to claim injustice when they're singled out!! Like a boss I had years ago would say: "Perception is everything!! How you carry and present yourself is how you'll be perceived!!" Unfortunately, for those ghetto rats they don't know how to act like law-abiding citizens because they've never been one and get what they deserve. I have no pity for them. Put them in a steel locked corral with uzi's and let them shoot themselves into non-existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania