Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 PM

18 posts, read 39,127 times

Advertisements

Can't find any info on this on the web or the forum - anyone familiar? Considerign a house here. Seems vclose to shopping, school, town and main roads (84). How's the community? Is it safe, kid-friendly, lots of rules, amenities etc? Is $240k for a 1986 3-bed house on 2 acres here a lot? I'm being told its a steal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 PM

755 posts, read 2,334,935 times
Crawford Hill doesn't sound familiar. Would you mind posting a real estate link for the house? Being from the Milford area, I could take a look and try to give you some thoughts/advice.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:27 PM

21 posts, read 55,342 times
This area is know as Cummings Hill. A desirable area. The hill itself can be tough to drive in winter weather conditions. There is also a gas pipeline construction in the area. May or may not be of concern to this property.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:47 PM

33 posts, read 50,781 times
I have a question about this development (community?) as well. The sign out front indeed says "Crawford Hill." I noticed by looking at real estate listings that there are indeed association fees, but I am unable to find any association rules, etc. online. Anyone know of a link?

Old 02-22-2014, 06:49 PM

206 posts, read 474,103 times
dues up there was $280/yr, maybe more this yr? Property tax on one home for sale in there is $6400/yr and the current for sale ad doesn't state what year the tax is for. The NIMBY's are protesting the pipe line but the work has already started so you know what that means. As stated, Cummings Hill can be an adventure to drive on in winter. Those 80's contemporary homes are a dime a dozen in Pike County. I'd be looking for one on an easier road to navigate in the winter.

for the OP, $240k for a 30 y/o house w/ NJ priced property/school taxes is certainly not a steal which is probably why the house is still sitting vacant.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:07 PM

33 posts, read 50,781 times
SS, $280 a year sounds real cheap. I would have thought that was per month? What does it cover aside from snowplowing and road maintenance?

Old 02-23-2014, 10:44 AM

206 posts, read 474,103 times
Amenities and Community Features:
Road Maintenance

Homeowners Association:
Association Dues: 280

be advised this may not be the current fee for dues and it would be wise to check further w/ the HOA, Westfall Twp , or a local realtor if you have an interest in this community. Also note that at times "special assessments" can be billed to the home owner by the community as the roads deteriorate and need to be repaired or if the $ in the annual snow removal budget were not sufficient. Suggest you get a copy of the HOA terms/rules & regs/ restrictive covenants before buying into any community in Pike County. AFAIK, the $280 covers road and nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania