Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2009, 08:24 PM

154 posts, read 407,838 times

Advertisements

It's a long shot, for sure. But I, for one, am hoping he wins. I've had enough of Doherty et al. Yes, yes, yes, this city is in many ways prettier than it was yrs ago, but, as a resident here for 40 yrs, it's in many ways much worse. What's being done about the gangs? (the ones that the SPD says are only an "activity" but not a "problem.") What's being done about the services (for one, the garbage collection is anything but expedient and efficient...we have to look for our cans, sometimes, down the street not in our back yards...last month my newspaper recycling bin, which I obediently trudged down two flights of stairs the night before collection...was ignored and left there, though all the neighbors' were picked up...I called three times that week, to be promised a that-day collection, never to be had...had to wait 2 more weeks till the next collection..and THAT has happened to me 3 times this year....)...the roads are still a mess, infrequent paving of potholes notwithstanding...despite the shoddy services, taxes still go up...I say: Doherty is a Has-Been. We need new blood. My vote: Mr. DiBileo all the way.

Last edited by lorac07; 10-24-2009 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 08:43 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,642,219 times
Can Doherty be beaten? Sure. Can DiBileo do it? I don't think so. He
had his shot in the primary. Did he present any actual plan? Nope.
Did he hammer Doherty on any actual points, with actual stats? Nope.

I know a couple people who were pulling for Gary. He did have a plan and
he had a number of issued he could have raised, but he was ineffective at
getting his message across.

Doherty knows that even with popular politicians, time is the biggest enemy,
and that is why he is trying to find another home. I believe he is only the
second Mayor to (possibly) reach a third term, the only other being Hanlon
who made it to four. The public does tire with the same old, same old though,
and eventually they will boot him no matter who runs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania