Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 05:38 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
And why don't I have that right?? According to the Constitution, I have the right to freedom of speech...just because you don't agree with it doesn't make me wrong and you right...but as can be seen in various posts on this board you always need to have the last word on everything!! Sorry, but you need to wake up and realize that in America we all have the right to our opinions and freedom to say what we want to say...this isn't communist Russia or Cuba...where your every word and thought is controlled. This is the United States of America...a country I served for in the United States Navy...what have you done for this country besides try to shoot down everyone's opinion about social issues?? Unless you've walked a 1,000 miles or more in my shoes...get over it...and stop trying to enforce YOUR ideals and views on everyone else!!

Blah blah blah. I guess it takes a real man to pick on a minor female. Go Navy!

Old 01-04-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
And once again the woman is blamed but the man is let off scott free. Men need to keep their pants zipped or start using birth control. It took 2 to tango.

Oh didn't you know? It's only us dirty, filthy women who are the problems.

It's easy to be a man when you don't have to show the world the evidence of your transgressions, isn't it?

Old 01-04-2010, 05:51 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,329 times
Wow, our mod. must be on an extended holiday vacation....LOL

Old 01-04-2010, 05:54 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh didn't you know? It's only us dirty, filthy women who are the problems.

It's easy to be a man when you don't have to show the world the evidence of your transgressions, isn't it?

Ain't that the truth sista!

Old 01-04-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
And why don't I have that right?? According to the Constitution, I have the right to freedom of speech...just because you don't agree with it doesn't make me wrong and you right...but as can be seen in various posts on this board you always need to have the last word on everything!! Sorry, but you need to wake up and realize that in America we all have the right to our opinions and freedom to say what we want to say...this isn't communist Russia or Cuba...where your every word and thought is controlled. This is the United States of America...a country I served for in the United States Navy...what have you done for this country besides try to shoot down everyone's opinion about social issues?? Unless you've walked a 1,000 miles or more in my shoes...get over it...and stop trying to enforce YOUR ideals and views on everyone else!!
True but it does not give you the right to libel or slander someone.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:56 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
And once again the woman is blamed but the man is let off scott free. Men need to keep their pants zipped or start using birth control. It took 2 to tango.
I agree with you totally, shoegal...but where were the parents?? you can't possibly believe that this girl didn't know what she was doing or getting herself into...not at that age...now if she were younger than that like 12, 13, or so then I can see her getting knocked up by some ******* and not by her choice either...but at 17 and then she's smiling her ass off to the press...sorry but the part about men needing to keep their pants zipped up doesn't apply here!! Especially since now it's going to be up to us law-abiding tax payer's who are going to get stuck footing the bill for this sorry excuse for a mother!!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I agree with you totally, shoegal...but where were the parents?? you can't possibly believe that this girl didn't know what she was doing or getting herself into...not at that age...now if she were younger than that like 12, 13, or so then I can see her getting knocked up by some ******* and not by her choice either...but at 17 and then she's smiling her ass off to the press...sorry but the part about men needing to keep their pants zipped up doesn't apply here!! Especially since now it's going to be up to us law-abiding tax payer's who are going to get stuck footing the bill for this sorry excuse for a mother!!
Maybe she is emancipated. Maybe the father is in the picture. Maybe she is not on welfare and has a job. Maybe she is emotionally immature like most 17 year olds and confuses love with sex especially when some man/boy is telling her he loves her when all he really wants is sex. Maybe this is just another failure of the American society that does not want to provide adequate sex education to it's children both in the home and in our schools.

But all of this is supposition as are your statements. Let's not crucify the poor girl...you don't even know her or her situation to be making such horrible and demeaning statements about her and her children. I agree with Eyes... Real Navy men are gentlemen and would never speak that way.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:10 PM

418 posts, read 1,349,317 times
Quote:
... you can't possibly believe that this girl didn't know what she was doing or getting herself into...not at that age...now if she were younger than that like 12, 13, or so then I can see her getting knocked up by some ******* and not by her choice either...

She has 3 children ... she WAS pregnant at 13

[/quote]but at 17 and then she's smiling her ass off to the press...[/quote]

Perhaps she was smiling because they treated her nicely ... for a change.

[/quote]sorry but the part about men needing to keep their pants zipped up doesn't apply here!! [/quote]

So ... She is the VIRGIN MOTHER ???
Conceiving without contribution by a man?

[/quote]Especially since now it's going to be up to us law-abiding tax payer's who are going to get stuck footing the bill for this sorry excuse for a mother!![/quote]

Paying taxes and abiding law ??? This ia all that makes a great mother?

Old 01-04-2010, 06:31 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes View Post

She has 3 children ... she WAS pregnant at 13.
Perhaps she was smiling because they treated her nicely ... for a change.
Yeah right...Again...where were/are the parents throughout all this???? and why wasn't her pregnancy at 13 reported to Child Welfare Services??...so you're saying it was ok for her to get pregnant at 13 because it wasn't her fault but the guy???...like I said where are/were the parents and why didn't the hospital report this the first time...

[/quote] So ... She is the VIRGIN MOTHER ???
Conceiving without contribution by a man?
[/quote]

Again...where were/are the parents???

[/quote] Paying taxes and abiding law ??? This ia all that makes a great mother? [/quote]

She may end up being a great mother or is one already...but there is no justifying celebrating this in the press REGARDLESS of the situation...all of you can turn this around any which way you can but it stays the same anyway you look at it...another teen pregnancy that other young girls can read about in the press and feel it's ok to get pregnant at any age...that's what WIC, welfare, food stamps, and taxpayer's are for...to foot the bill!!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:

She first got pregnant at 14. So that right there says something about her, her family and the man that impregnated her.

And OM DEAR GOD how can you possibly say that the man who got her pregnant doesn't "apply here"? Yes he DOES. He is 1/2 of this equation. It thoroughly disgusts me that you feel that this man has no blame in the situation.

What do you expect the girl and the children to do?!

Starve?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania