Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 07:56 PM

39 posts, read 66,502 times

Advertisements

First thank you for reading and providing comments. I've been looking for houses in nova for a little whole now. My price range is 600k for a single family with 4 bedrooms and 3 baths in a. Good school district. I've recently looked into a neighborhood called Middle ridge... it's off of ox road and Zion. What do you all think of the neighborhood? Anything would be helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,092,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clock245 View Post
First thank you for reading and providing comments. I've been looking for houses in nova for a little whole now. My price range is 600k for a single family with 4 bedrooms and 3 baths in a. Good school district. I've recently looked into a neighborhood called Middle ridge... it's off of ox road and Zion. What do you all think of the neighborhood? Anything would be helpful!
Seems to have good schools - Bonnie Brae/Robinson/Robinson - and be near some decent convenience shopping in Burke Centre. It's also close to both the Burke VRE station and the Fairfax County Parkway. Wouldn't be the best or the worst commute to the Pentagon.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:56 PM

1,261 posts, read 6,106,093 times
We live very close to Middleridge. Nice neighborhood, good schools, pretty safe. You have several commuting options: VRE, commuter bus or slugging. If I'm not mistaken the HOA fee is low, but they are pretty active as a community. Neighborhood doesn't have a neighborhood pool, but you have a choice of pools to join close-by.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:43 PM

247 posts, read 1,141,371 times
We moved to the neighborhood about 2 years ago. We're very happy here - it's a nice family neighborhood. There's lots of shopping near by, and if you're interested in a pool, you can join the one that belongs to Fairfax Estate Clubs. I also love how little traffic there is in the area in general - where do you work? Anywhere in Fairfax, and it's a great commute - all side streets.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 PM

39 posts, read 66,502 times
Unfortunately near DC in arlington...my wife though will be at the inova fairfax hospital

Old 12-18-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately near DC in arlington...my wife though will be at the inova fairfax hospital
If you have flexibility in setting your hours, you can take advantage of public transportation, particularly the VRE. Many employers offer a subsidy. But if you don't have flexible hours and have to drive during rush hour, it's about 1 hr commute in the morning and 1.5-2 hrs in the evenings.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
If you have flexibility in setting your hours, you can take advantage of public transportation, particularly the VRE. Many employers offer a subsidy. But if you don't have flexible hours and have to drive during rush hour, it's about 1 hr commute in the morning and 1.5 hrs in the evenings.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM

247 posts, read 1,141,371 times
It's a great commute to the hospital, my DH works across the street from there. Takes him 20-25 mins no matter what time of day it is. He often leaves at 8 and comes home at 5, no problems at all. He loves his commute. We do have several neighboors that commute into DC from here as well. Most drive and just leave really early. Altough the guy that lives next door to us slugs from somewhere, and some others do take the VRE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia