Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 06:45 AM

57 posts, read 68,308 times

Advertisements

Good morning,

Let's try this again ... I wrote up a thread, but it disappeared.

Since this forum has been so helpful in the past, I was hoping to get some recommendations on interior painters/drywall repair. I've searched, but it looks like there hasn't been much discussion on the matter recently, and I was really hoping for some updated information.

Looks like I've finally settled on a place in Fairfax. YAY! It's super small, but it's just me and my lil dog, so it's of no real concern to me. It IS less than 7 miles from work, and I cannot tell you how happy that makes me. Anyway, it's in desperate need of painting. Picture it, dark blood red accent wall (w/some holes from a wall mounted tv), with the same horrid color carried into the kitchen. The other walls are painted, well, I'm not quite sure what color they are to be perfectly honest ... that will remain a mystery I guess.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd really appreciate reading about them. The place is only roughly 600 sq ft, so surely this shouldn't cost a whole lot. (Or, am I being naive?)

Thanks in advance and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 AM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
I had to have a bird's nest removed from under the soffit and asked the guy if he could recommend a painter/drywall person because neighbor's need that (and I prefer using small business folks or individuals) - he gave me a name and number if you want to pm me? Not sure if I can post it here (and I haven't any personal experience with the guy)

Old 07-12-2014, 09:24 AM

My apologies Flamingo13, for not responding sooner ... yes, if you happen to see this, I'd like to receive the information for the person your neighbor used...

I guess I'm the only lazy person that wishes to hire someone to do this work. I received a quote via email, all they had was the basic square footage and an idea of what I wanted done, and they told me $1,100.00. I think that's inclusive of all materials, though I did just send out a follow-up email to be sure. I think they should probably come out and give a more accurate estimate, so that price may go up or down some.

I'm not sure, that seems a tad on the high side to me ... of course, I admit I may be totally wrong, since I've never hired painters before and have no experience to go off of.

So, if anyone doesn't choose to recommend anyone, do you think $1,100.00 sounds about right? (I'm obviously going to get quotes from 2 other places to compare.)

<600 sq ft
Minor drywall repair (due to the removal of a wall mounted tv)
3 rooms (inclusive of ceilings - not a whole lot of trim work)
No more than 3 colors
Removal/replacement of switch plates/outlet covers (I don't know how many)

Thank you!

Old 07-12-2014, 01:29 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
As I said - no personal experience with this guy but the one who recommended him said he's the best....

Rob Kellerman - 703-209-6650

good luck and let me know

Old 07-12-2014, 11:03 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,510,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess73 View Post
My apologies Flamingo13, for not responding sooner ... yes, if you happen to see this, I'd like to receive the information for the person your neighbor used...

I guess I'm the only lazy person that wishes to hire someone to do this work. I received a quote via email, all they had was the basic square footage and an idea of what I wanted done, and they told me $1,100.00. I think that's inclusive of all materials, though I did just send out a follow-up email to be sure. I think they should probably come out and give a more accurate estimate, so that price may go up or down some.

I'm not sure, that seems a tad on the high side to me ... of course, I admit I may be totally wrong, since I've never hired painters before and have no experience to go off of.

So, if anyone doesn't choose to recommend anyone, do you think $1,100.00 sounds about right? (I'm obviously going to get quotes from 2 other places to compare.)

<600 sq ft
Minor drywall repair (due to the removal of a wall mounted tv)
3 rooms (inclusive of ceilings - not a whole lot of trim work)
No more than 3 colors
Removal/replacement of switch plates/outlet covers (I don't know how many)

Thank you!
Good luck Jess. Let us know how it turns out. If you don't mind a word of advice, go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get some spackling compound to fill in the holes, then even them out with a putty knife, then sandpaper the compound when it dries so that it's flush with the wall. Switch and outlet plates can easily be replaced with a screw driver. They're dirt cheap, and the people at the store can give you more advice if you need it. You'll save yourself a ton of $.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:05 PM

Thank you both, for the advice. I greatly appreciate it!

Closing is fast approaching, can't wait for it to be over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia