Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2022, 08:10 AM

2,319 posts, read 2,169,630 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know Franconia-Springfield Metro Kiss and Ride Lot? I just found it on Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/8vPmxFR29wT9XGaBA

Per attached screenshot: Can I park there for around $15 and waiting for picking up someone?

Thanks.

Edit: the sign shows "Do Not Enter", then what is the parking lot for?
Attached Thumbnails
Franconia-Springfield metro station: Franconia-Springfield Metro Kiss and Ride Lot-parking-lot.jpg   Franconia-Springfield metro station: Franconia-Springfield Metro Kiss and Ride Lot-do-not-enter.jpg  

Last edited by Baike; 08-18-2022 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2022, 10:31 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,611,712 times
Kiss and Ride lots are for quick drop-offs hence the name 'kiss and ride' - I don't think they want people parking for long periods of time. I wasn't aware you had to pay to go into the Kiss and Ride lots either but I live near an underground station so it's been a while.

Old 08-18-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
Kiss and Ride lots are for quick drop-offs hence the name 'kiss and ride' - I don't think they want people parking for long periods of time. I wasn't aware you had to pay to go into the Kiss and Ride lots either but I live near an underground station so it's been a while.
Not long period of time, it should be no more than 20 minutes while I am waiting in the car or go to vendor machine lobby to pick up some one.

If long period of time, then I would park inside garage.

Maybe it is just for picking up or dropping off place.

Thanks for the information.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:45 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,377,607 times
If you're staying in the Kiss and Ride area, you can't leave your car unattended.

The picture you posted with the meters is the short-term parking area. You can feed the meter and park there for an hour or so (maybe 2 hours? It's been a while...). If you're meeting someone in the station itself, this is where to go.

The Do Not Enter sign is just making sure people don't go the wrong direction in the lot.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
If you're staying in the Kiss and Ride area, you can't leave your car unattended.

The picture you posted with the meters is the short-term parking area. You can feed the meter and park there for an hour or so (maybe 2 hours? It's been a while...). If you're meeting someone in the station itself, this is where to go.

The Do Not Enter sign is just making sure people don't go the wrong direction in the lot.
Thanks. Typo in my post: I mean "park there for around 15 minutes", not "park there for around $15"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: