Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,119 times

Advertisements

I didn't know he didn't like NOVA. What were his reasons?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
I didn't know he didn't like NOVA. What were his reasons?
No need to ask, just look at any relatively popular thread from the last three months and you will see ScranBarre hijacking it to dump his latest resentment about all the various ways he imagined he was being mistreated or how everyone hated him or how NOVA sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
[b] Instead of attacking him for not liking NoVA, can ya'll at least give him some credit for being willing to pay his dues with his job here when there is temptation to cut his losses and get to Pittsburgh quick?
Ummm, no I can't. Why should I care if he stays here or goes to Pittsburgh? If he wants to stay here it's ok by me, but if he wants to move to a place he's decided is a better fit for him, that just means one more job opens up here. And one more apartment becomes available, that would be handy because a lot of people are moving here right now and need a place to live. There are plenty of job seekers in Nova who like living here. I rather see one of our local graduates get that job, I know a few who'd be happy to see a job opening.

What's the benefit of staying in a place you hate? If he truly thinks he would be happier somewhere else I think he should cut his losses and go where he would be happier. In fact I think it's smarter to go now, while he's still in his 90-day trial period. Life is too short to stay in a place that makes you miserable.

BTW, I don't think anyone was attacking him for not liking NOVA. I'd like to point out we don't mind negative comments from a number of other people. Th OP frequently makes negative comments and I've been known to applaud and even agree from time to time (you may recall I even said I'd vote for you if you ran for mayor!) Also, for the record, disagreeing with a negative comment does not mean you are attacking the person for saying something negative. It simply means you have a different POV.

IMO, what makes ScranBarre different is that he likes to goad people into attacking him so he can play "I'm such a victim." When he posted negative comments and did not get a reply, he'd just come back and say something even nastier. His game is to provoke a reaction. It's like a little kid who thinks it's funny to throw rocks at a dog, but then if the dog reacts he calls animal control to complain "Boo hoo hoo the big mean dog is barking at me!" He also discusses people on this forum by name, that's the reason people respond to him by name. If he does come back, it's ok by me. But right now I'm enjoying getting a break from him. It's nice to have threads that don't get hijacked.

Last edited by Caladium; 08-03-2009 at 10:14 AM..

Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Just for the record, I'm about to leave on a trip myself. If I don't post here for a while, please don't worry. Nobody chased me away, nothing bad happened either. I'm just taking a little break.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times
We have a lot of interesting and passionate members here; ScranBarre is certainly one of them.

Of course, I would suggest that those that have concern about fellow members, moderators or procedures should contact a (senior) Moderator about. When people treat each other in the way they themselves like to be treated, then there is little need for a Moderator... or the fill-in Moderators that were gracious enough to fill in during an extended hiatus.

No harm done in this thread... but it is indeed not a topic for public discussion. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia