Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:32 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,716,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlingtonChris View Post
I used to eat at all the time Chipotle until I learned a burrito there contains 1150 calories and 100% of your daily recommend saturated fat. Love the taste but it ain't worth a heart attack.
It was a sad day when I learned that too. I just don't do it often and usually cut it in half (save it for dinner/tomorrow), so it's not quite so bad.

The funny thing is that you'll see Chipotle top "healthy" lists and "unhealthy" lists at the same time. The "healthy" part had to do with the fact that the ingredients are mostly whole foods and usually not fried. The unhealthy part is the size and when you load up on the cheese & sour cream that make it taste just so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 01:48 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
Not to be a buzz-kill...
Naw...that's MY job!

Old 09-16-2009, 01:50 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Imagine my delight to have found my own little happy place in Reston---an oasis with a Chick-Fil-A, Chipotle, YMCA, Target, AND Carrabba's! I almost wet myself when I moved here and stumbled upon that area! It's just a tad too far out of walking distance range though.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:17 PM

59 posts, read 162,424 times
I moved here from Texas and was initially disappointed in Chipotle's taste. It doesn't taste Tex-Mex at all; more like Northern style chicken/steak stuffed into the components of an imitation Tex-Mex burrito. After a few years though, it did grow on me and now I like the taste.

For better Tex-Mex, I recommend Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe. The fajitas and chips & dip are great! My mom and dad visited and loved the place as much as I do.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,716,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
It's just a tad too far out of walking distance range though.
That's probably a good thing. As much as I would love for Chipotle to come to the SW Waterfront, I know it would be detrimental to my health if they did. The extra effort is just enough for me to stop and think whether I really want it that badly or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaslasher View Post
I moved here from Texas and was initially disappointed in Chipotle's taste. It doesn't taste Tex-Mex at all...
Won't argue there! I still love it though...

Old 09-16-2009, 02:32 PM

24 posts, read 83,562 times
Try Pei Wei--it's PF Chang's fast option. Yummy.....

Old 09-16-2009, 02:55 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,753,094 times
If you like BBQ, try Red, Hot, & Blue or Rocklands. Rocklands in my favorite BBQ in the area, they even catered our wedding

I really like Famous Dave's, too, but I haven't been to one since I learned the corn muffins were 600 calories EACH I do still go to chipotle every now and then. 1100 calories is soooo good, and usually when we go there, we had a very light breakfast and no lunch. Besides, a big burrito which you can sve half of, or two of the DELICIOUS corn muffins from Dave's? *sigh* Eating out is so bad...

Old 09-16-2009, 03:39 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,893,133 times
To the OP, I'd suggest you weigh yourself today, then again next week. Then you'll understand why Americans are so fat compared to European counterparts.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:12 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katarinakeren View Post
Since we just relocated from Germany where 'fast food' is almost non-existant except for McDonalds and a few Burger Kings, we are really enjoying the 'fast' type food offered here in Nova. We tried Chipotles for the first time and wow--we were impressed (though not by the long line that wrapped around the restaurant!). We are also loving Chic-Fil-A. Any other places we need to try here?

Five Guys is also on our list, we're heard it's great.

Also, it seems there are a LOT of Texas-style BBQ restaurants around Woodbridge, from Smokey Bones to Famous Daves and several others we've never tried. I love BBQ so we are enjoying trying out these restaurants.

We are loving all the diverse food options from Indian to sushi! if you have a favorite place in Woodbridge/Manassas or close surrounding areas to eat, please share!
If you have a sports fan in the fam, Glory Days has some great food to watch the big game with.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:50 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,247,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytue View Post
I really like Famous Dave's, too, but I haven't been to one since I learned the corn muffins were 600 calories EACH I do still go to chipotle every now and then. 1100 calories is soooo good, and usually when we go there, we had a very light breakfast and no lunch. Besides, a big burrito which you can sve half of, or two of the DELICIOUS corn muffins from Dave's? *sigh* Eating out is so bad...
No wonder it seems that I gain two pounds every time I go to Famous Dave's!

Famous Dave's Nutrition Facts, Calories, Fat, Protein, and Diet Information - Food Search Results - The Daily Plate Calorie Counter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia