Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 12:33 PM

29 posts, read 151,370 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We would like to place our house on sale soon. Some neighbors a few houses down sold their house in 5 days. It was taken off the market on Thursday morning of last week and listed as sold. I know what their listing price was, but I would like to know the final sale price. I have been checking the Fairfax Co. property tax page to see if the sale has been recorded, but it is Monday and no luck yet. Does anyone know about how long it takes Fairfax Co. to record a sale so it posts on their website? Thanks a million!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 12:40 PM

509 posts, read 974,161 times
I don't know about Fairfax County but Prince William County takes a good 2 weeks or so for it to show up. However, I use FranklyMLS.com Virginia & DC MLS via Keyword Search & Wiki. Homes for Sale as you can tell it to monitor home sales in a specific neighborhood or area, and it sends you them automatically. It seems pretty fast too. Of course you can also just search it for recent home sales (and listings). It works well for me anyway.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngadude View Post
I don't know about Fairfax County but Prince William County takes a good 2 weeks or so for it to show up. However, I use FranklyMLS.com Virginia & DC MLS via Keyword Search & Wiki. Homes for Sale as you can tell it to monitor home sales in a specific neighborhood or area, and it sends you them automatically. It seems pretty fast too. Of course you can also just search it for recent home sales (and listings). It works well for me anyway.
Will this include homes sold in an auction? We had a house near us go on auction Saturday and I'm very curious what it finally went for.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:48 PM

509 posts, read 974,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Will this include homes sold in an auction? We had a house near us go on auction Saturday and I'm very curious what it finally went for.
I'm not sure about that. I've seen both short-sales and foreclosures listed on it, but don't know how the foreclosures were purchased - if at an auction or some other way.

I'm no expert, but found this website when I was trying to determine sale prices in my old neighborhood as I'm getting ready to put my townhouse up for sale there. Also I find it interesting to monitor sales prices in my new neighborhood.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:58 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,961,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaMPZ View Post
Hello,

We would like to place our house on sale soon. Some neighbors a few houses down sold their house in 5 days. It was taken off the market on Thursday morning of last week and listed as sold. I know what their listing price was, but I would like to know the final sale price. I have been checking the Fairfax Co. property tax page to see if the sale has been recorded, but it is Monday and no luck yet. Does anyone know about how long it takes Fairfax Co. to record a sale so it posts on their website? Thanks a million!
The new deed is recorded at the county courthouse either the day of sale or the next business day. Remember Friday the 15th and today are holidays and the courthouse will have been closed. If the house was listed with a Realtor, the sales price will be in the MLS before it will be on the county website. If you PM me with the address I will be happy to check for you.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:34 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,669,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaMPZ View Post
Hello,

It's usually several weeks to be recorded....but a house near me took 5 months to show up. I don't know why.

Oh, and the "sales price" on the County website is the total sales price...they don't subtract "seller subsidies" which can run into the tens of thousands of dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia