Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2007, 04:27 PM

17 posts, read 73,825 times

Advertisements

I've been reading different threads about how Warrenton is still rural and has been able to stop the urban sprawl. Can it stay that way considering how, I've also read here, Culpeper and Gainesville, both next door seem to be booming with new construction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 07:11 AM

267 posts, read 1,674,353 times
Not likely since development is all around it. There are a lot of commuters who move out there and then don't want anyone else moving there which to me is selfish. There are a few families that own quite a bit of the land that is undeveloped, but it's only a matter of time til they start selling too. By keeping the area rural they will not be able to compete on any level (academically, job-wise)and as a result the area will not be able to maintain it's maintenance of current utilities, roads, etc. As it is, most residents of Warrenton travel to Manassas, Gainesville, Chantilly, Charlottesville, etc to spend their money. They will have to do something to keep the cash in Warrenton or they will suffer the same fate as the majority of small, rural towns across the country. There is a balance and stopping growth is not the way to do it.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:19 PM

17 posts, read 73,825 times
I wonder then whether the government is considering widening Rt.#29 foreseeing the need as more development is happening in Warrenton and beyond. As it is, it is already inadequate.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:48 PM

566 posts, read 2,984,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by den330 View Post
I wonder then whether the government is considering widening Rt.#29 foreseeing the need as more development is happening in Warrenton and beyond. As it is, it is already inadequate.
That wouldn't surprise me. With 66 going to 8 lanes and the new interechange starting shortly after that's done, my guess is that it will be another 10 years before we see it though.

Things should get much better though once Rollins Ford is extended from Vint Hill through Morris Farms all the way to Wellington and then on to 66.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:09 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,469 times
I think Warrenton will see itself sprawl once old man Hazel dies. The man owns 4,000 acres in Faquier County, and his kids will chop it up and sell it off once he's gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia