Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 4,080 times

Advertisements

Greetings, I am form Iowa

I am looking to go to college in Hawai’i specifically on Oahu for an associate’s degree in medical assistants. I haven’t decide which one yet, cause I am also looking to become a MICT( basically a Paramedic) while I am there but I can only find a couple of programs available and the colleges that offer the program don’t have dorms which is kinda a big must for me, that way I can get settled in my first year and "network", find a job, without the impending rent payments, food bills and all that lovely jazz.

Any heads up on colleges I should look at would be amazing.

Tips on living there are also welcomed such as safety, where to shop, and saving money
Anything about the gun laws.
What should I avoid?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 03:44 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheWolf117 View Post
I am also looking to become a MICT( basically a Paramedic) while I am there but I can only find a couple of programs available and the colleges that offer the program don’t have dorms which is kinda a big must for me, that way I can get settled in my first year and "network", find a job, without the impending rent payments, food bills and all that lovely jazz.
Unless I'm mistaken, only Kapiolani Community College offers a MICT program on Oahu (the prerequisite is being an EMT) - and they are a commuter school (no dorms)

Old 03-24-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, only Kapiolani Community College offers a MICT program on Oahu (the prerequisite is being an EMT) - and they are a commuter school (no dorms)
I am taking the EMT test for the second time here really soon, yeah I have looked into that one

Old 03-24-2015, 11:00 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,255,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
True, that's the only EMT Training course at Kapiolani Community College.
Best of luck with your test!!

Old 03-24-2015, 11:22 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,255,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheWolf117 View Post
Greetings, I am form Iowa

I am looking to go to college in Hawai’i specifically on Oahu for an associate’s degree in medical assistants. I haven’t decide which one yet, cause I am also looking to become a MICT( basically a Paramedic) while I am there but I can only find a couple of programs available and the colleges that offer the program don’t have dorms which is kinda a big must for me, that way I can get settled in my first year and "network", find a job, without the impending rent payments, food bills and all that lovely jazz.

Any heads up on colleges I should look at would be amazing.

Tips on living there are also welcomed such as safety, where to shop, and saving money
Anything about the gun laws.
What should I avoid?

Thanks
About the Gun laws. Do you own or are you bringing a fire arm to Oahu?
I am going through the process of registering some fire arms.
PM me, if you want a list of things you will have to do to bring, register, own a fire arm in Hawaii.
Oahu only has one shooting range. Koko Head Shooting Complex Oahu's ONLY public shooting range
Home

Kaneohe Gun Shop News Kaneohe Gun shop is one of the better gun shops around.
This will give you some information you might be looking for.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:41 PM

Yeah I am bringing one
Awesome thanks for the info

Old 03-31-2015, 07:42 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,939 times
Please don't bring your guns and mainland fears with you. No need. Please stay in Iowa or wherever your paranoia leads you. Oh and don't be surprised when no one wants to interview you, because there are hundreds of local kids looking for the same job. And the whole gun thing? A definite liability in Hawaii.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:55 AM

473 posts, read 796,945 times
www.handgunlaw.us/states/hawaii.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: