Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 10:37 AM

25 posts, read 77,211 times

Advertisements

I've been looking for a DETAILED map of OAHU. it's communities, towns, roads, etc. I thought I was pretty resourcefull... but apparently NOT. Does anyone know where I can find one? All the ones I've seen just have areas in general...
Everyone keeps refering me to different areas to live, but I can't find a map to see where they are.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 11:29 AM

285 posts, read 1,082,713 times
Depends are you in Hawaii now or on the mainland? You can use google maps and pull up pretty detailed maps. I am not sure of the name of the map book that Walmart sells but they are excellent very detailed. If you are not here yet you might try looking at walmart and finding your local map book and checking if you can order a map book of Oahu. Hope this helps

Old 09-16-2009, 11:43 AM

109 posts, read 350,853 times
I find it hard to believe there would not be a detailed map online somewhere. Google it if you haven't yet.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:44 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,256,578 times
The O'ahu TMK Street and Condo Mapbook is probably the best one on the market. Here's a link to a list of some of the places that sell them.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:47 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Bryant's Sectional Map of Oahu is good, too, although it is a whole book and you have to keep flipping pages when you actually use it to navigate with.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:19 PM

501 posts, read 1,191,418 times
Also at Barnes & Noble in the map display, you can find a detailed street map called Streetwise Oahu. It's about $6 and is a 3 fold plastic, which is great. It has the island on one side, and detailed areas of various cities...Rand McNally (about $7 or $8) also puts out a nice paper map, which also has details and streets. If you can't find one at your local B&N, they'll order it for you. Definitely worth the money you'll spend.
Good Luck!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:26 PM

1,178 posts, read 5,941,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica from fl View Post
I've been looking for a DETAILED map of OAHU. it's communities, towns, roads, etc. I thought I was pretty resourcefull... but apparently NOT. Does anyone know where I can find one? All the ones I've seen just have areas in general...
Everyone keeps refering me to different areas to live, but I can't find a map to see where they are.

Thanks!
Go to Google Maps, here:

Google Maps

Type in Oahu and click search

The map of Oahu should come up.

Now type in the community you are looking for. You will get different results depending on exactly what you call the community. For example, try

Ewa, and

Ewa Beach

or try Mililani, and

Mililani Town.

When you put in some districts, like

Kapahulu

You may not get anything except businesses that have that name in them, or are on a street by that name.

You will have to scroll in and out and drag the map back and forth to see your results.

Work at it - you will learn lots!

Hank

Old 09-17-2009, 12:29 PM

1,178 posts, read 5,941,580 times
Default Oahu map

And if you find a community that doesnt come up in Google, send me a DM (Direct Message - click my screen name), and I'll send you a link.

Hank

Old 09-21-2009, 08:35 AM

25 posts, read 77,211 times
Thanks!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu