Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:09 PM

71 posts, read 326,601 times

Advertisements

What zip codes are nicer in Ocala Fl? I seen a few homes I like in Silver Springs north, Is this a good area?Is there any stores near here and is there any Publix's? Any info is appreciated on nicer areas..THANK YOU..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2006, 01:43 PM

29 posts, read 173,358 times
In my opinion, Sun Valley, and some parts of Marion Oaks are nice. I've never really cared for most of the areas I've seen in the Shores. The Shores seems to have a bottleneck as far as traffic goes, if you are trying to go west. Also, there are homes that are not to far from the city landfilll that they sometimes call the Shores, I believe.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:23 PM

how cold does it get in ocala? does it warm up durning the day? im concerned for my mother because she cant live in real cold weather due to bad arthritis.i understand it could go down to 40 degrees, but does it warm up alot? there are posts on here about ocala but not specific things i need to know. thanks so much..also what areas in ocala are better than others?

Old 10-27-2006, 07:21 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Dragon, if you get a chance, go to www.weather.com If you type in "Ocala" and then go to the 10 day forecast, you'll see "Averages" at the bottom. It'll tell you the highs and lows for each month there. OR you can go to Sperlings Best Places. They have a chart that will also tell you the highs and lows there. The City Data info also has temp charts at their site. If you put this in your search engine "Ocala Fl detailed profile" it should bring it up for you.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:56 PM

JAMMIE. Thanks I have done that but in the past the internet has been wrong with weather conditions. That's why I wanted to ask someone who lives in Ocala Fl to please let me know what they think. Thanks..

Old 06-27-2007, 05:46 PM

18 posts, read 87,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadragon View Post
What zip codes are nicer in Ocala Fl? I seen a few homes I like in Silver Springs north, Is this a good area?Is there any stores near here and is there any Publix's? Any info is appreciated on nicer areas..THANK YOU..
I would not move into any part of Silver Springs. Research a little further. Many more places to live. Try parts of Marion Oaks or on 200 heading towards Inverness or Dunnellon on 484.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:08 PM

102 posts, read 555,422 times
im in silver spring shores, and i havent seen anything bad happen, the taffic out on the major roads sucks. But theres a publix like 2 miles away from my house. a dollar general about 2 miles, banks and stuff all close by

Old 11-13-2009, 04:08 PM

4 posts, read 11,143 times
Anyone know about a development in Ocala (The 4 Corners)
schools, crime, flooding etc.
Thanks

Old 12-16-2009, 10:15 PM

19 posts, read 66,642 times
Marion Oaks way out is beautiful

Old 12-19-2009, 06:29 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadragon View Post
how cold does it get in ocala? does it warm up durning the day? im concerned for my mother because she cant live in real cold weather due to bad arthritis.i understand it could go down to 40 degrees, but does it warm up alot? there are posts on here about ocala but not specific things i need to know. thanks so much..also what areas in ocala are better than others?
It's 46 here in Dunnellon right now, and has been down into the 40s at night (with a couple of 30s the week we got here) off and on since we moved here just before Thanksgiving, but it's been getting up into the low 60s (last Friday was cold and raw, though -- it never got out of the 50s. My brothers-in-law drove up from SW Florida to help us paint several rooms, and they were freezing when they got here. Still, when I see the weather heading for New Jersey, there's no comparison!).

I rely on Accuweather.com -- they even have an add-in for Firefox that will give you the current temp, the forecasted temp for that day, and the forecasted temp for the following day at the bottom of your browser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala