Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 02:53 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,090,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Of course, Macy's is forfeiting its presence in a big chunk of the eastern Greater Cleveland retail market. I wonder if Macy's won't eventually abandon University Heights and open a convenient, stand-alone store somewhere along the I-271 corridor.
Is there any land around Pinecrest? I could see that happening further down the road. Again, while it is all good and well to say they will relocate the Heights store, the company needs to be on a little more sound financial footing before going into new stores, especially in expensive real estate situations. Woodlawn (Eton) and Pinecrest would certainly not be cheap due to the store makeups in those places.

I know in the CLE forum I mentioned highway access may be a detriment to the Macy's Heights location. I agree the local population base is much greater, denser and probably wealthier with Heights versus Mentor. It is of course all shots in the dark as Macy's would never really reveal individual store closure reasons, beyond the general company-wide announcement of lease term expirations and YoY sales declines.

Dillard's will certainly be the mid-high department store chain for the eastern side of Cleveland for the foreseeable future. Assuming department stores in general have futures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio