Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:32 PM

5 posts, read 25,974 times

Advertisements

Thanks, I might look them up. I'm working near the Sanoh plant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 04:54 PM

5 posts, read 15,065 times
thats tall timbers ind park also very close. actually even closer

Old 05-07-2010, 05:01 PM

the kellers are very careful who they rent to, the complexs really just don't care

Old 05-07-2010, 05:11 PM

there is a complex you didnt list, hillcrest on the horizon. also new, pool etc. 600 range without garage
but a mile off the main road ( got a 4x4 ?) want i suggested is a 2 br and what is cool washer dryer hook up is in the walkin closet of the master bedroom i love that

Old 05-10-2010, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 25,974 times
So basically the snowplows won't clear the snow except for the main roads? I only have a front wheel drive Corolla so I am kind of worrying if I can make it to work during a bad storm now..

Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM

656 posts, read 2,315,946 times
No, they'll clear the vast majority of the streets. It just takes the a while for the plows to get to the non-vital roads. For example, it takes about 24-36 hours before our street gets plowed. It's a cul-de-sac.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:14 AM

313 posts, read 1,195,449 times
We had a couple of pretty big storms this winter, and as Art mentioned, it might be a day or 2 before you are plowed out-- but that will be true for most. And as for the amount of snow, typically, there won't be a HUGE storm as the first snow event of the season, so hopefully you'll be able to work your way up to it. And I don't remember more than 2-3 BIG snows this year. Mostly it's an inch here and 2 there and that is very managable. You'll be fine!

Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 PM

there was only one day i couldnt get to work. i couldnt get to the street out front because of the 3 foot drift outside the front and back door ( i couldnt get out of the house). i drive a front wheel drive and have no problem.
the street to hillcrest on the horizon is goes thru what was once a corn field'

Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 PM

313 posts, read 1,195,449 times
BrianV makes a good point about fields. Since this area is so gosh darned flat, there is nothing to stop or break the wind and we had a couple of snows that were listed as very small accumulation, and yet there were HUGE drifts!

Old 05-29-2010, 01:45 PM

10 posts, read 8,986 times
Default Welcome to Findlay neokeelo!

1. I'm an international student and I just graduated from UF. I can most certainly vouch for Charleston Apts. The 1 or 2 bedrooms should come exactly at the 400 - 560 range you're looking for.
Glaser Apartments, LLC. - Findlay, Ohio

They have to be one of the closest quality apartment complexes to downtown Findlay (about a mile or two, I'm not sure). There are plenty of independent houses that are equally great too.

2. That'd definitely cost more and yeah, it's not really worth it. The best bet is as someone else here suggested - get a remote starter to work around it. With just an ice-scraper, it could take anywhere between 5 mins to 20 mins depending on the type (snow/frost) and your car (SUV/ old model) to get on the road.

Stay away from car covers in winter unless you wanna spend an extra 10 mins trying to melt the damn thing off your car! Although, there is a certain windshield cover that you can find at walmart (automotive aisle) that will help keep your windshields free from frost/ snow.

3. There are plenty of Japanese students at the University of Findlay and your best bet would be to visit Univ. of Findlay's International Student Services (at Davis street) to get more information.

4. I haven't the slightest clue, I'm sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio