Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 01:57 PM

5 posts, read 16,629 times

Advertisements

I have a job interview in OKC in four days. After my interview on Friday, I will be in OKC for half a day on Saturday before my flight back home, which I want to use as time to drive around the city and take a look at some apartments/townhomes for rent.

As a disclaimer, I know nothing about OKC or OK in general, only what I have read on this site and others on the internet.

My fiancee and I are currently looking at a few different places including some "Midtown Renaissance" properties, and the Sieber, both of which are located in Midtown. In addition, we are considering Founders Tower which appears to be in a slightly safer/highly desired location.

These properties include the amenities we want and can afford. What I am concerned about, is the safety of these properties.

Is Midtown a place to live, or is it a place where crime continues to be an issue? Should we focus our efforts on the slightly more expensive property at Founders Tower?

Above all else, I do not want to put my fiancee in a potentially dangerous situation.

Thanks for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 02:59 PM

533 posts, read 1,711,805 times
I really like Founders Tower. Buy my clothes at Covenant Brothers there so I've been there quite a bit during the rather extensive remodeling. Back at the beginning of the project the units were only for sale but that was changed by the recession. That area is pretty convenient since it is close to I-44 and Northwest Highway provides good access to Penn Square and the downtown area isn't bad either.

That area around Classen and Northwest Highway has several interesting places, too.

I think Founders is kind of a cool opportunity actually made possible by the recession.

Midtown is an area I also very much appreciate. It has truly undergone a tremendous remake thanks to several great projects. There are a number of cool restaurants there and it is close to downtown and even Bricktown is not so far.

Both areas are near hospitals.

I consider the areas to be rather different though and feel they would appeal to different tastes. My guess is that Midtown would not be as safe as Founders but that is entirely a guess. Either area though I think would be plenty safe to make a home.

it is actually kind of cool to me that you're looking at both areas.

Best wishes on what you do.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:52 PM

259 posts, read 1,073,227 times
I think both areas would be very safe. Midtown is an up and coming area that I think you'd really enjoy living in. I looked up the Sieber and it's surrounding by law offices, hospitals and dr's. It's a beautiful building and in a prime location.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM

242 posts, read 765,448 times
Yeah, both areas are fairly safe but Midtown is a little more gritty. It depends on whether you want the Midtown lifestyle- living in a renovated historic building and being able to walk to the nearby bars/restaurants/galleries, or the NW Expressway lifestyle, where you live in a cool shiny tower but still have to drive everywhere. I'd love the views of the Lake and downtown from Founders Tower!

Old 09-29-2010, 04:09 PM

533 posts, read 1,711,805 times
There is significant need to drive from either area. Arguably driving to any place other than downtown is easier from Founders and downtown is pretty quickly reached as well. Both places have a lot of stuff right around them but Founders location definitely has more retail, grocery, and so on.

I agree with ou_norman though that both areas are just distinctly different and it is going to end up being a matter of your personal choice.

I still think the Founders deal is a real bargain now especially compared to what the intent was when the remodel job began.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City