Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,542 times

Advertisements

I have hunted most animals but never been hog hunting and would really like to get the chance. If anybody knows where to get some hogs or if you are an outfitter that doesn't charge too much please let me know. Also I would prefer not to leave the panhandle area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 06:03 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,239,653 times
Call a western wear shop called "The Tumbleweed" in Quanah TX.....the lady who owns it buys hogs that people trap (she sells them commercially to a processing plant in Ft Worth, I think). She can probably give you some leads on places to hunt in that area (it's right on the Texas/Oklahoma line and not too far from Colo Spgs.).

Old 03-01-2010, 03:24 PM

11 posts, read 43,144 times
I live in Oklahoma City and am in the same boat. I'd be happy to tag along with you if you are a land owner/ leaser. I don't even care if I get any meat right now although it would be nice, I just want the experience and knowledge.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 19,425 times
I live in caddo county oklahoma and hunt hogs with dogs and guns.. Holler at me sometime, i have plenty of room. Bigger on the hunting with dogs.. only rules are if were hunting with dogs no guns, and absolutely no drugs or alcohol

Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 AM

167 posts, read 354,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerC View Post
I live in caddo county oklahoma and hunt hogs with dogs and guns.. Holler at me sometime, i have plenty of room. Bigger on the hunting with dogs.. only rules are if were hunting with dogs no guns, and absolutely no drugs or alcohol

How do you hunt with dogs without guns?

Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 PM

536 posts, read 1,539,250 times
PABlackbear,

It's easy to hunt hogs with dogs and no guns...how? Have a dog that catches the hog alive...usually those dogs are either pit bull, american bulldog or argentine dogo breeds. I was starting to get away from the bay pen scene into the hog hunting scene in Texas when I relocated to Wichita, KS. I quickly found out that hunting regulations on hogs there are much different. Oklahomans have it good compared to Kansans. I am seriously considering moving to Oklahoma for that reason alone plus property taxes and house prices are more reasonable in OK than in KS based on my experience.

With that being said, ButlerC, I would like to go hog hunting with you. I have to admit I had to place my hog dogs in Texas so I am basically starting all over again with nothing. Email me please if you can help a beginner out. Thank you.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,729 times
Hello if anyone is still active on this thread im a military cop that has been out of country for then past year and out of oklahoma for the past for and am dying to get on a hog. i never drink when i hunt and was raised on a hunting and fishing resort outside of okc called melot's sportsmens club. so if anyone is looking for a tag along i get back in country in two weeks and am gonna be ready to go. thanks.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:53 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,988,837 times
I just taught a class in Duncan, and every guy there from the Red River area talked about the hog problem. find a rancher in the Red River Valley, from Altus to Texoma, and you will get all the hog hunting support you want. No season, no limit.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,193 times
new to the forum in nebr.Ive been hog hunting once with some good ole boys in arkansas,southern hospitality at its finest! would love to hunt some hogs in ok.in the future but dont know where to go,and i can't afford a guideed hunt. i would love to swap some hunting in nebr. deer,turkey or whatever to hunt some hogs on a farm in ok. We used dogs and mules in ark. any help would be very appreciated. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma