Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,157 times

Advertisements

We are in the process to get a compassion move. We are really hoping to go to Ft. Sill, since we are originally from NWA area. We are military and my husband wants to keep his MOS. The only locations for him is Ft. Sill, Ft. Lewis, Ft. Campbell, and Ft. Hood. I'm tired of Texas. Maybe it's just El Paso. We have to travel to Alburquerque, Denver, and Lubbock for doctor appointments. One of the women in our EFMP (exceptional family member program...for people with special medical needs) came from Ft. Sill, she informed me of a school for autistic children in Lawton. If I can get more information on this school it would be wonderful. I couldn't imagine anything better. My husband was stationed at Ft. Sill once, but that was only for basic training. I have looked all over the internet for information but alas, no luck. I have to get the paperwork into the Captain ASAP, so if anyone has any information that can assist us, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time in reading this.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 05:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,830,663 times
Hi melysaann!

I did a quick search of the Lawton TV website (KWSO) and found this article: KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. - Lawton Public Schools advance autistic children

Looks like it is the Lawton School District that is providing the specialized education. There is a phone number to call at the bottom of the article.

Best of Luck!!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:16 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,928,893 times
Hopefully LadyRobyn or MKfarnam can step in to offer some advice. Doing what's best for your children is very admirable and I can only wish you the best of luck. Autistic children are actually more intelligent than the average child.

Below is contact info for the Autism Society for Central Oklahoma.

Autism Society of Central Oklahoma (ASOCO) - Lawton Support Group

St. Paul's United Methodist Church
910 N.W. 38th St.
Lawton, OK 73506
580-355-5757 Voice
Meetings start at 6:30 p.m. Contact Jenney Hale for more information. Childcare is provided.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times
From what LadyRobyn has given her, that's exactly what she needs.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,082 times
Default lawton and autism

Hi I am an autism consultant for Lawton Public Schools I can answer any questions you might have.
sandyjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by melysaann View Post
We are in the process to get a compassion move. We are really hoping to go to Ft. Sill, since we are originally from NWA area. We are military and my husband wants to keep his MOS. The only locations for him is Ft. Sill, Ft. Lewis, Ft. Campbell, and Ft. Hood. I'm tired of Texas. Maybe it's just El Paso. We have to travel to Alburquerque, Denver, and Lubbock for doctor appointments. One of the women in our EFMP (exceptional family member program...for people with special medical needs) came from Ft. Sill, she informed me of a school for autistic children in Lawton. If I can get more information on this school it would be wonderful. I couldn't imagine anything better. My husband was stationed at Ft. Sill once, but that was only for basic training. I have looked all over the internet for information but alas, no luck. I have to get the paperwork into the Captain ASAP, so if anyone has any information that can assist us, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time in reading this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma