Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 12:47 AM

152 posts, read 365,064 times

Advertisements

samaras_mommi -- There are three categories of pitbull owners:
1. Those whose dogs have yet to snap (You are in this category).
2. Those whose dogs have snapped and savaged the owner, the owner's children, or a neighbor.
3. Those who have successfully navigated a pitbulls' life from birth to grave without incident.

I sincerely hope that for your child's sake you are lucky enough to make the transition from category 1 to category 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 01:05 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaras_mommi View Post
A PITBULL IS NOT A GUN AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A WEAPON...!!!
No ****?

Quote:
A PITBULL IS A DOG, A PET... IF YOU LOOK AT IT ALL DOGS ARE DANGEROUS BCUZ ALL DOGS CAN GET PISSED OFF AND BITE... ID TRUST MY ONE YEAR OLD AROUND A PITBULL BEFORE ANY SMALL "ANKLE BITING" DOG ANYDAY...
And the difference is that when one of those little ankle biters gets you, you might get a little blood and a puncture wound. When a Pitbull gets you, you get much bigger wounds and can lose limbs and even your life.

Quote:
THE REASON PITBULLS LOOK SO BAD ARE FROM PEOPLE LIKE MICHAEL VICK AND OTHERS...
I'd say it's Vick and others making Pitbulls look bad, but that's just semantics.

Quote:
A PITBULL ISNT JUST AUTOMATICALLY ANGRY, AGRESSIVE AND READY TO BITE... THEY HAVE REASONS... JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DOG (FOR THE MOST PART)... ALL DOGS INCLUDING PITBULLS CAN FEEL YOUR ENERGY.. SO IF U ARE IN A HOUSE WHERE PEOPLE YELL ALL THE TIME OR A PERSON IS EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE THAT DOG WILL BE UNSTABLE... aLSO IF THE DOG ISNT TRAINED RIGHT, TREATED RIGHT, ETC ETC IT WILL BE UNSTABLE... THIS IS FOR ANY DOG NOT JUST PITBULLS...
Kinda true. All dogs can exhibit these traits yet Pitbulls have shown to be much more sensitive to these problems, which combined with their ability to cause harm and the kind of people who generally favor these animals, you get a problem just waiting to happen.

All goes back to my statement about guns. A weapon that is properly cared for and handled by someone with knowledge is perfectly safe. A weapon that is poorly maintained or handled by someone with the wrong motivations usually results in someone getting hurt or killed.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones View Post
samaras_mommi -- There are three categories of pitbull owners:
1. Those whose dogs have yet to snap (You are in this category).
2. Those whose dogs have snapped and savaged the owner, the owner's children, or a neighbor.
3. Those who have successfully navigated a pitbulls' life from birth to grave without incident.

I sincerely hope that for your child's sake you are lucky enough to make the transition from category 1 to category 3.
Agree with this post.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:29 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,687,320 times
Quote:
A PITBULL IS NOT A GUN AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A WEAPON...!!! A PITBULL IS A DOG, A PET... IF YOU LOOK AT IT ALL DOGS ARE DANGEROUS BCUZ ALL DOGS CAN GET PISSED OFF AND BITE... ID TRUST MY ONE YEAR OLD AROUND A PITBULL BEFORE ANY SMALL "ANKLE BITING" DOG ANYDAY... THE REASON PITBULLS LOOK SO BAD ARE FROM PEOPLE LIKE MICHAEL VICK AND OTHERS... A PITBULL ISNT JUST AUTOMATICALLY ANGRY, AGRESSIVE AND READY TO BITE... THEY HAVE REASONS... JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DOG (FOR THE MOST PART)... ALL DOGS INCLUDING PITBULLS CAN FEEL YOUR ENERGY.. SO IF U ARE IN A HOUSE WHERE PEOPLE YELL ALL THE TIME OR A PERSON IS EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE THAT DOG WILL BE UNSTABLE... aLSO IF THE DOG ISNT TRAINED RIGHT, TREATED RIGHT, ETC ETC IT WILL BE UNSTABLE... THIS IS FOR ANY DOG NOT JUST PITBULLS...
Ummm... Big difference, and anybody who doesn't understand it is extremely thick in the head.

A small little yap dog can bite you and hurt you.
A Pit Bull can bite you and kill you.

Big difference.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:50 PM

A recent study of the brains of pitbulls has shown elevated levels of adrenaline and lower than normal levels of seratonin. The same study of pitbull owners brains has shown elevated levels of dopamine, and in many cases foreign substances that mimic dopamine.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 AM

175 posts, read 442,069 times
LOL it's true, pit bulls usually have owners with the same personality traits.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:04 PM

9 posts, read 14,206 times
Okay well first of all to the person who said my dog has yet to snap... how d you know that??? you dont know my dog or my dogs behavior.... my vetrinarian tells me otherwise thank you very much... i actually took and still take the time out to walk my dog everyday, i trained him correctly, im not abusive or anything of that sort... so im doing my part... and another thing pitbulls can feel those who have hate for them so its not a good idea to be uneasy or have fear around them... no matter what happens i will always have a pitbull in my home until the day that i die... becuase they are loyal, smart, and loving dogs...

Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
and another thing pitbulls can feel those who have hate for them so its not a good idea to be uneasy or have fear around them...
So you admit they're mind reading dogs who are aggressive to those who dislike or fear them?

Sounds like excellent justification for "shoot on sight" to me.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:57 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,687,320 times
Quote:
Okay well first of all to the person who said my dog has yet to snap... how d you know that??? you dont know my dog or my dogs behavior.... my vetrinarian tells me otherwise thank you very much... i actually took and still take the time out to walk my dog everyday, i trained him correctly, im not abusive or anything of that sort... so im doing my part... and another thing pitbulls can feel those who have hate for them so its not a good idea to be uneasy or have fear around them... no matter what happens i will always have a pitbull in my home until the day that i die... becuase they are loyal, smart, and loving dogs...
Wow. That's almost self-condemning, isn't it? It's almost like you're saying, "If you're afraid of my pit bull, he can sense it and will probably attack you. And when he does, it's actually your fault."

This does not make me feel any better about pit bulls. Sorry.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:53 PM

Omaha Rocks -- I was thinking the same thing when reading samaras_mommi's post. Not only does her response admit that you have to walk on eggshells around a pitbull, but it is indicitive of some of the other observations made about pitbull owners in earlier posts. Specifically, the observation that pitbull owners get some sort of validation of self worth for being one of the "good" pitbull owners, and the apparent thrill they get from owning an animal that other people have to be cautious around. Obviously, if/when the day ever comes that Samaras_mommi's dog's medula-oblongata triggers an attack frenzy, she will be one those owner's interviewed who says, "I never saw it coming. (,,,while banjo music from the movie Deliverance plays in the background)."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: