Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 PM

823 posts, read 1,786,039 times

Advertisements

I admit I don't keep up with the news as much as I should, but I read the headlines at work. Is anyone concerned about N Korea's threat to nuke us? I've read that he's targeting the Pacific...LA, which is basically us here in OC?

Even if we can destroy his country with return fire, I wouldn't want a hit anywhere near our country No, I don't watch the news on tv, just KNX 1070 AM and online news, but I've been occupied with the kids, so I don't know how many people are preparing themselves, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 10:33 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,717,464 times
Well, after 30 years or so of development I guess we might find out if Star Wars was worth the investment.

Actually, we've been through worse as a country. It should turn out OK.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:39 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,487,222 times
North Korea: I'm gonna kick your sorry @ $ $

Old 03-30-2013, 07:52 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russlancea View Post
I admit I don't keep up with the news as much as I should, but I read the headlines at work. Is anyone concerned about N Korea's threat to nuke us? I've read that he's targeting the Pacific...LA, which is basically us here in OC?

Even if we can destroy his country with return fire, I wouldn't want a hit anywhere near our country No, I don't watch the news on tv, just KNX 1070 AM and online news, but I've been occupied with the kids, so I don't know how many people are preparing themselves, etc.
Having worked on DOD contracts off and on for almost 30 years, I welcome threats like North Korea's. Every time they make a threat like that, I get a little richer and demand for my services goes up. After they launched a missile over Japan a few years ago, I quipped "Well, I just put one of my kids through college."

Old 03-30-2013, 09:38 AM

823 posts, read 1,786,039 times
Finally asked my husband and he said S Korea doesn't care, so if they aren't concerned, he isn't. Okay, let me prepare for earthquakes and the zoombie apocalypse then.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:27 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Spent two fun-filled years there on and near the DMZ during the 60s when they were rather routinely coming across and shooting at us so took it very seriously. Now, not so much. Mostly if not all blather signifying little and meaning even less. Unlike back then, South Korea could crush them. Of course, so could we.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:31 AM

1,877 posts, read 2,237,341 times
North Korea does not raise my anxiety at all. I think it's just careless rhetoric in response to the bombers we sent to South Korea. South Korea & Japan are not on edge, and China has finally decided to speak up to deescalate the situation. Even though I'm not too trusting of our missile defense system, firing from North Korea should allow plenty of time to intercept (it's not like they're firing from Cuba, much less Catalina). Seriously, I think Syria & Iran are much bigger threats to US interests.

Jokingly, we should send them Dennis Rodman for keeps. They'll welcome him as a peace offering, we'll have one less reckless has-been off our hands. Now if only they were interested in Phil Spector or Lindsay Lohan.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:42 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,454 times
Don't know about the rest of you. I'm not as concerned about "ground zero". Yeah, it would be bad, but the radioactive fallout would be even worse. And, it could cover hundreds of miles, even making our food sources unsafe for us.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:23 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,717,464 times
Well, that's kind of ya. You're on the other side of the country I note...

Poor you not being able to eat and have to grow your own food or something.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM

658 posts, read 1,554,736 times
I think that he just has a small wiener and want to feel like more of a man by making vain threats. But personally I don't think he's stupid enough to do anything, because one hit on him and is whole country is obliterated and he loses all his power - even if he does get a single hit onto us or another country.

Personally I think it's about time the UN steps in and makes an ultimatum. Enter by force and conquer, and bring the country out of utter destitute poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County