Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,233 times

Advertisements

my grandparents had seperate wills that mirror one another both leaving me the house after surviving spouse was deceased. My grandfather died in 1996, and my grandmother in 2009. They raised me and we were very close until both deaths, and my grandma never said anything about changing the wills, and infact had given me copies to hold onto. my mother, who is the exectetor of the wills, after my grandmas death, stated she has a codicil omitting me from the house, she states now that the origanol will and codicil is "missing" and filed copies into probate. The codicil has my granfathers wrong middle name in it, my grandma did not sign her middle name, and it almost seems like the area where my should be, was just simply "forgotten". I am of limited means, and the rest of the family are all homeowners, My children and I need the house, but dont know where to start to fight this on without spending money I dont have. anyone know what type of contestment I can file? ORS statues, should I bother? Was the a marital tax clause will? PLEASE HELP TIMES RUNNING OUT!! OREGON
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 10:42 PM

15,575 posts, read 40,421,118 times
You know you really need to find an estate attorney to help you out. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but you can probably do a consultation for $200. They can at least steer you in the right direction.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,440,498 times
I used to work in the Probate court in Portland. Your situation appears to be fairly complicated with some missing items. The only way you are going to be able to sort it all out is to contact an attorney specializing in estates and trusts. If you are low income, you can find one from Legal Aid. Any general advice you may get from a website isn't going to help you very much.

You can see for yourself what wills have been filed in the Probate Court. Those are a matter of public record. They cannot give you legal advice though. Checking out Oregon Statutes won't help because they need to be interpreted by a professional attorney as to what applies to your specfic situation. If time is running out, all the more reason to find one who can help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon