Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 05:40 PM

219 posts, read 789,540 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can someone tell me the pay scale in your area for a LVN (2yrs post accute as a LVN + 5yrs as a CNA), and RRT (new graduate)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 11:33 AM

14 posts, read 59,102 times
On the east side of Oregon depending on if acute care or long term care is around 15.00 and hour. When I first graduated with 12 years CNA experience I was offered between 13.00-16.00 per hour. Depending on how big the clinic or skilled facility. And it also depends on what area. Look at housing costs too not just wages. If you need anymore help let me know.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinoregon View Post
On the east side of Oregon depending on if acute care or long term care is around 15.00 and hour. When I first graduated with 12 years CNA experience I was offered between 13.00-16.00 per hour. Depending on how big the clinic or skilled facility. And it also depends on what area. Look at housing costs too not just wages. If you need anymore help let me know.
I agree. What is rent there for a 3bd +2 bth? Age of house at that price?

That's what were weighting out. Wife has 5yrs as a CNA and 2yrs in post accute rehab. She makes $24hr and (2) yearly bonus's @ $1,000 each. So, $25hr you can say I guess. We live in a lake community w/golf course, our house was built in the 90's. Our rent is $1300 a month.

At $16hr rent needs to be dirt cheap...lol. She is willing to take a pay cut for a nice area or same as where we live. Just wanting a change. You know?

I am a RRT student. So, that pay wage will need to be considered as well.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:47 PM

On the east side of the state there is no where that she will make $24hr as an LVN. and with the bonuses sounds like you might be better where you are at. Long term care pays the best on the east side. Maybe up to $20hr if she is lucky. You probably will pay close to the same rent if you want on a golf course maybe. As for you RRT I really don't have any idea, it would not hurt at all to check out career builder and look up the wages and what they have available. You can also look up local newspapers online and look at the classifieds. That will be your best bet. Oregon has a web site that lists all the newspapers in the state. That will let you do some research on rentals and wages. Hope this helps some.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinoregon View Post
On the east side of the state there is no where that she will make $24hr as an LVN. and with the bonuses sounds like you might be better where you are at. Long term care pays the best on the east side. Maybe up to $20hr if she is lucky. You probably will pay close to the same rent if you want on a golf course maybe. As for you RRT I really don't have any idea, it would not hurt at all to check out career builder and look up the wages and what they have available. You can also look up local newspapers online and look at the classifieds. That will be your best bet. Oregon has a web site that lists all the newspapers in the state. That will let you do some research on rentals and wages. Hope this helps some.
Good idea. I will check there. I was checking Monster dot com but not much shown there.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:15 PM

Definalty check out career builder and do a general search for oregon newspapers and it will pull up a web site that lists all newspapers and you can click on them and look through the classifieds. Also there is southeastern Washington state. But check out career builder.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:40 AM

291 posts, read 948,588 times
I am a nurse, but here is a link to Providence hospitals. Check their job board. You can pick a location, position, shift, and full or part time. Good luck with your search!

https://recruiter.kenexa.com/provide...bupJEdUjsTs%3D

wc@h

Old 09-10-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West coast at heart View Post
I am a nurse, but here is a link to Providence hospitals. Check their job board. You can pick a location, position, shift, and full or part time. Good luck with your search!

https://recruiter.kenexa.com/provide...bupJEdUjsTs%3D

wc@h
Great search site. Looks lile $17-$28 with sign-on bonus of $3,000

Old 09-11-2008, 07:05 AM

291 posts, read 948,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRvortec View Post
Great search site. Looks lile $17-$28 with sign-on bonus of $3,000
Thanks. That is actually the Providence hospital chain's website. I am a new nurse and will be looking to move to the PNW next June. Providence is one of my choices to work at when we move.

wc@h
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon