Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the impact of the recent development with the Miami Heat?
The Heat are now the top team in Florida, the East, and possibly the Leauge. 14 53.85%
The Magic still have Dwight Howard and The Amway Center, we'll be fine and are still contenders. 4 15.38%
Miami & Orlando will have to duke it out and the results remain to be seen. 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:51 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,547 times

Advertisements

The end of the day man nobody cares about a new arena. The rest of the country doesn't even know about it. Its going to open regardless of who plays for what team. To be upset that the new arena is opening at the same time as this is silly.

And again I hope like hell the finals are between the Heat and the Magic. How ****in sweet would that be, Game 7 of East Conf Finals in the new Orlando Arena with Dwight, Lebron, and Wade all in the same arena.

I think yeah Miami Heat have to learn to play as a team but really with that much talent it be hard not to. You pass the ball to the guy on your left he just happens to be one of the top scorers in the NBA. You pass the ball to the guy on your right and he too just happens to be one of the top scorers in the NBA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 11:17 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
The end of the day man nobody cares about a new arena. The rest of the country doesn't even know about it. Its going to open regardless of who plays for what team. To be upset that the new arena is opening at the same time as this is silly.
Oh I think you misunderstood, I'm not suggesting that the rest of the country cares very much about our new arena, some people do as it will be very advanced and they say best in North America. I don't care about all that though, I'm trying to say that since they all landed in Miami, it overshadows even our local in State coverage and prestige. Prior to last night, the first time anybody might have seen those 3 play together in Florida would have been against the Magic in the new Amway Center. Or better yet, during 2012's All-Star Game when Dwight would temporarily join their team like before. The Amway Center and it's occupants would have been the premiere basketball show in Florida and certainly the most exciting place to watch say the Bull or Nets tri-fecta get their game on. Now Miami and AAA will be the basketball destination with the new place in Orlando being a second though until a possible ECF matchup or 2012 All-Star weekend.

Quote:
And again I hope like hell the finals are between the Heat and the Magic. How ****in sweet would that be, Game 7 of East Conf Finals in the new Orlando Arena with Dwight, Lebron, and Wade all in the same arena.

I think yeah Miami Heat have to learn to play as a team but really with that much talent it be hard not to. You pass the ball to the guy on your left he just happens to be one of the top scorers in the NBA. You pass the ball to the guy on your right and he too just happens to be one of the top scorers in the NBA.
Great points, good post!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 11:22 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Truth.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:22 AM

331 posts, read 1,052,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
My realistic expectation though is that it will not work out for the Heat. It's just way too much ego for one court where the game is only played with one ball at a time. Three stars who are used to being the center of the offense must now learn how to play team ball??? Not an easy transition for 3 guys who for their entire lives have played by their own rules. It worked for Boston because Pierce, Allen and Garnett were mature players who were done with their days of personal glory and just wanted to win rings. I don't believe these three have hit that level of maturity or mindset yet. Finally Karma is BI. I think Lebron leaving Cleveland high and dry the way he did, and the media fiasco leading up to just ensured that the Cleveland curse followed him to south beach and will plague his career. Lebron will not win a championship, the curse of the King has begun.

This is spot on and I do not think I could have said it better myself. Miami is/was Dwayne Wades team, and having 2 other players who are used to carrying their own teams who knows how this could really turn out. Did you happen to read the letter from the owner of the Cav's? I think what Lebron did on National TV without letting is former team, who have spent millions of dollars trying to win a championship, bringing in other top players was very low. He did not have to sensationalize his decision the way he did and I think leaving the way he did was just to feed his ego. One thing I can say though, making a decision to leave Cleveland, he cares more about winning then I ever thought he did. Who knows really though...we will just have to wait until October.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM

189 posts, read 436,162 times
The reason they are top scorers is because they didnt have to worry about other top players on their own team. Their numbers and stats will go down if they play like team players. And with the egos each one of them have, it will be very interesting to see how it will play out. I'm happy for miami, cause they almost lost their star player. I think its funny Shaq is still playing for Cleveland while Lebron went to Miami. The pressure is on.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:52 AM

92 posts, read 227,491 times
shaq's a FA dude and in talks with the hawks right now same with big z, the cavs could be hurting next season but I don't see them NOT making some moves this off season with trades and at least ONE good signing

Old 07-10-2010, 06:50 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lr5497 View Post
The reason they are top scorers is because they didnt have to worry about other top players on their own team. Their numbers and stats will go down if they play like team players. And with the egos each one of them have, it will be very interesting to see how it will play out. I'm happy for miami, cause they almost lost their star player. I think its funny Shaq is still playing for Cleveland while Lebron went to Miami. The pressure is on.
No the reason they're top scorers is because they know how to shoot, know how to get around defense, and know how to get results. Sure their stats will change but its not about ego and worrying about other top players its about winning rings.

I find it funny to hear people say Lebron isn't mature enough to want the ring, they obviously all chose to go to Miami even with higher offers on the table. They want to play together and dominate the league - they want rings.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:59 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
No the reason they're top scorers is because they know how to shoot, know how to get around defense, and know how to get results. Sure their stats will change but its not about ego and worrying about other top players its about winning rings.

I find it funny to hear people say Lebron isn't mature enough to want the ring, they obviously all chose to go to Miami even with higher offers on the table. They want to play together and dominate the league - they want rings.
I have to agree that he showed great maturity and an overwhelming commitment to win a 'ship by going to Miami and passing on higher offers. Unfortunately, I feel that he could have done it in a better way that didn't overshadow all of the maturity and respect he gained for making such a brilliantly calculated move .

Old 07-10-2010, 09:29 AM

too bad he didn't have the maturity to do this the right way, and NOT to quit on his team in game 5 and 6.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:43 PM

wow bosh is making the same as lbj and MORE that wade lol people are going to be real disapointed when he can't guard any of the true bigs in the east (lopez, big z, shaq, howard etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando