Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM

3 posts, read 3,692 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am coming to Orlando with my wife on business in Sept from Ireland. I will have 5 days with her to enjoy the parks before i get donw to business...It will be our first time in Orlando and we want to do as much as possible while there. What parks do you recommend we see. I was thinking of Sea World, Universal Stuidios and maybe DIsney World. Are there other better ones that we should consider. I have not booked assommodation yet for the 5 nights of leisure but was thinking of Loews hotel at Universal studios. thanks in advacenf or any help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 11:49 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
The hotels at Universal are supposed to be nice...I have not tried them yet, only Disney. As for what to do, I would say you can do both parks at Universal easily in 2 days. Sea World is a good choice for a day, but I would definitely not skip Disney. Since it is you and your wife, I'd check out Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Those two parks are more appealing to most adults than Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. If you are more kids at heart, go to Magic Kingdom. Epcot has the World Showcase which is a fun place to stop in each country, grab a drink, eat some food (expensive though) and enjoy the different rides and shows around the park. Animal Kingdom is a lush, beautiful environment with animal exhibits, shows, and some fun themed rides, but it won't take up your whole day though like Epcot would. If you decide you want to try a water park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon is the best IMO for overall experience.

If you have a few hundred to blow ($200 per person) and you want to do something REALLY special, replace one of the places above and go to Discovery Cove at SeaWorld. Of all the parks in Orlando, this one gets the best reviews. This park is unlike anything else out there. You swim with Dolphins, go snorkeling, float around winding rivers and pools, and get all you can eat and drink for the entrance price. It is also a much more exclusive experience and they only allow a limited number of people in per day...it is very relaxing and fun.

If you want to get out of the theme park world and see another side of Orlando, head over to Park Ave in Winter Park. It is a beautiful historic shopping and dining area. Grab a nice dinner on Park Ave or nearby Hannibal Square.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:21 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,547 times
Pete C hit it pretty dead on, only thing I might do differently is suggest Blizzard Beach or Aquatica over Typhoon Lagoon if you hit a water park.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:44 PM

193 posts, read 623,955 times
We've stayed at Royal Pacific, a Loews Hotel and enjoyed its proximity to the Universal Parks. Also City Walk at Universal is right there for evening fun. Downtown Disney is okay for an evening stroll but there aren't many (if any) clubs there anymore. If you crave a pint Raglan Road is in DownTown Disney. It's nothing like the Irish Pubs ... it's huge in size like the Bank on College Green in Dublin. Still, a good time can be had there when the musicians (2) start playing.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:02 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
You'vw gotten some great advise! You might also want to go to Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor.
Lots a ideas there too.
Have a great time.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:09 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Pete C hit it pretty dead on, only thing I might do differently is suggest Blizzard Beach or Aquatica over Typhoon Lagoon if you hit a water park.
I think the disney water parks and especially seaworlds water park aquatica, is very overrated. Wet 'n Wild may not have a specific theme but IMO its the best water park in Orlando

Old 08-04-2010, 05:55 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,547 times
Wet N' Wild is great but lacks the theatrics of the others. Its great rides for us locals but if I were coming here it be a lot cooler to ride a similar ride with sealife swimming around me in the case of Aquatica or the tallest water slide there is at Blizzard Beach.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:21 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Wet n wild puts aquatica to shame. the ride with the dolfins swimming next to you is crap. you only go under water for about 2 seconds and during those two seconds your very lucky if you see one of those dolfins. If you wanna go to a water park that's bigger with more thrill rides then go to wet n wild. If you wanna go to a themed water park that isn't as good when it comes to rides, but is still very cool because it's all themed then go to the Disney water parks.. I don't reccomend aquatica.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
With only 5 days you really won't be able to see everything in Orlando.
My first question is....Have you ever been to a Disney park here in the states or in Paris? If you haven't then I suggest you start out with the Magic Kingdom. Epcot would be the 2nd park you should see. It might be the Food and Wine Festival time so there will be lots of great food and concerts in addition to all that Epcot has. Sea World is also a great park and can see most in a day, Check out all the parks web pages and try to figure out what you would like to see and do. Also check out these message boards for some good advice from other tourists.

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin

WDWMAGIC.COM Forums

Some of the people -actually most of the people- on the Disney boards over plan, so I just suggest reading and getting a general idea of what you would like to do while in town.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 AM

3 posts, read 3,692 times
thanks for all the suggestions -will certainly help with the planning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando