Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 10:02 AM

18 posts, read 27,822 times

Advertisements

Hi, as a brit about to buy a villa in pines west, can anyone advise if there is a company that supplies cable, internet, and tv, if it is the cheapest way to go and how much it is likely to cost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 10:59 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,876,699 times
The cheapest tv is dish network. I liked them and I used a DSL line for phone and internet. now I Use U-verse with AT&T for all 3.. its great. way better than Brighthouse.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:32 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,195,808 times
If Brighthouse is in the area they advertise the 3 for $109 in most areas, but it ends up costing more for HD and if you get a box for more than 1 tv. Ours ran $145 a month with 2 boxes, 1 TV with HD, and a sports package. About $20 are taxes and fees. It just went up to $153 when we got the 2nd flat screen with HD, In the year we have had it we lost us of our our phone a couple days but they were quick getting out here to get it going again.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:30 PM

184 posts, read 438,897 times
I'm pay only $55.33 @ month for basic cable (tv) and internet from Brighthouse! We get about 40 channels. This is the cheapest way to go in my opinion!!

Old 10-17-2010, 09:18 PM

47 posts, read 171,359 times
I hate brighthouse. I had Comcast in Ohio, paid the same amount and had much better service and picture quality. My internet never disconnected and it was really good service. Here there is no comcast so I figured I would try brighthouse. Man, I was disappointed. There are not as many ondemand channels. They are hard to find and it is impossible to get anything to record correctly. The boxes that you get all have issues with them. I had service with them three months or so and in one bedroom I replaced the box 4 times, in main bedroom 3 times and living room twice. They all went bad. They also charge you for things and not tell you ahead of time. They had to come out and run cable to one of the rooms, and did not tell me it was going to cost. (comcast never charged for this service, so I didn't think much of it) UNTIL I got the bill. I called and who ever I spoke to talked to me like I was stupid, and like "How could you not know". I tried to explain to them for 7 years I had comcast so it just never occurred. I like the channels I get with brighthouse, BUT I do not like the trouble that goes along with it. I ended up getting rid of it, running off a digital box and getting local channels only, centrylink for net and cell phones for our phone service. Have not been dropped once by the net, and I can watch what ever I want on the computer..... All for the price of 45 bucks lol.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:55 AM

3,981 posts, read 8,195,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strwy2Hevn View Post
I hate brighthouse. I had Comcast in Ohio, paid the same amount and had much better service and picture quality. My internet never disconnected and it was really good service. Here there is no comcast so I figured I would try brighthouse. Man, I was disappointed. There are not as many ondemand channels. They are hard to find and it is impossible to get anything to record correctly. The boxes that you get all have issues with them. I had service with them three months or so and in one bedroom I replaced the box 4 times, in main bedroom 3 times and living room twice. They all went bad. They also charge you for things and not tell you ahead of time. They had to come out and run cable to one of the rooms, and did not tell me it was going to cost. (comcast never charged for this service, so I didn't think much of it) UNTIL I got the bill. I called and who ever I spoke to talked to me like I was stupid, and like "How could you not know". I tried to explain to them for 7 years I had comcast so it just never occurred. I like the channels I get with brighthouse, BUT I do not like the trouble that goes along with it. I ended up getting rid of it, running off a digital box and getting local channels only, centrylink for net and cell phones for our phone service. Have not been dropped once by the net, and I can watch what ever I want on the computer..... All for the price of 45 bucks lol.
My son is the opposite of you. He has Comcast in Kissimmee and hates it. Internet is really slow on most of their deals.

Wow, you have had a lot of trouble with Brighthouse and ran into some weird employees. People we had come out each time we moved have been great in getting everything set up for us. We are really happy with the HD and we haven't ever lost internet since we got the combo--even on the 2 days the phone was out we had internet. We also don't have any trouble with the boxes or recording all the shows we miss when at work. They could be less expensive than they are....but when I move next month we are staying with Brighthouse.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:06 AM

47 posts, read 171,359 times
I don't know what it is all about Rab lol. I actually think that my net in Ohio was faster then what I got with Brighthouse. I swear lol, every day, sometimes twice a day I would be booted off the net. I hated it. I would have to do a reset on the box. Annoying when I am in the middle of doing something. I wish comcast was here where I am at. I have seen a few trucks, but noticed that they are not around here service wise. I did have issues from the very first day. O welp.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:01 PM

18 posts, read 27,822 times
Thanks for all the replies at least i can now make an informed decision
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: