Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM

239 posts, read 799,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
Stupid Flanders,
Finally somebody agrees with me on that issue of the low-class mentality, lowest standards I've ever witnessed being in the Orlando area. I am the eternal optimist but this place...
We've had to fight the school systems (ADHD child) to get regular ed. teachers to help, the treatment of the employers, the unbelievably low paying jobs, (how can anyone feel good if they're not getting paid well? it's the CORE of life) the lack of culture, the closed minds, trying to GET A JOB, neighbors that don't even speak rule happening here, even the laws. Everything has been a fight it seems.
I was fortunate enough to live in very rich areas all my life. Along with the wealth comes intelligent, educated and well-read people. I have never felt comfortable even thinking to call Orlando home. We are plotting and planning the future escape now. moonbeam
I just keep telling myself: "Two more years, two more years". My wife is literally counting the days and looking for homes in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 01:28 PM

6 posts, read 14,842 times
Default Buyers Market

Greetings, I tend to disagree, there are homes that are available that aren't over priced, it's simply that the market is saturated with new homes, as well as, existing homes. For example, we have had our home on the market for 8 months now (we've been relocated out of state for business) and haven't had a single offer. We have a massive custom built Colonial home built in 2004, stainless steel, granite in kitchen and all three bathrooms, custom built-ins, crown molding, wainscoting, loft, separate office, 9ft ceilings, 8ft doors, real cherry hardwood floors, travertine in the kitchen and bathrooms, 3 car garage, and its on nearly an acre of land with a pool and spa! Every upgrade imaginable, no expense spared. We've priced it 60k below its appraised value (appraisal done 4 months ago, during the Buyers market). We've followed all the rules, done everything by the book. Our home is amazing, truly. I practiced real estate law for over 7 years and consider my husband and self savvy in the real estate business, so what's going on? Is it our Realtor? Is it the town? Is it everything but the house itself? (I'd be happy to post the link if you like)
If someone could explain to me why it hasn’t been shown in over a month and why no offers have come it, I'd appreciate it. If you're a Realtor or savvy in this business, we welcome any advice.

Kindest regards to all.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,235,874 times
This is why.

History of U.S. Housing Prices 1890-2006

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando