Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 12:17 PM

7 posts, read 14,779 times

Advertisements

I will like to know if Metrowest area (32835) is a good area to raise kids of 5 & 4 yrs. We made offer for a house in february and still awaiting the bank response. We thought the area is very nice but now I am reading some bad comments about the area. Please let me know your opinion if you have lived or still living in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 09:09 PM

680 posts, read 1,920,790 times
32835 is a relatively large zip code and encompasses portions of Dr. Phillips, all of Metrowest, and Orlo Vista...

If the home you are buying is truly part of the Metrowest Master Association (MetroWest Master Association. A residential community in Orlando, Florida) or in the Dr. Phillips portion of 32835, you will have a great place to live!

Most of the negative comments you will see about Metrowest will involve the surrounding areas or the Walmart/Apartments near Kirkman. I have never seen a complaint from a HOME owner in Metrowest. My family and I have owned homes in Metrowest for almost 20 years and have no complaints....except for the Walmart

Which subdivision are you planning to purchase in?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:25 AM

7 posts, read 14,779 times
Thank you so much for your reply. it means so much to my husband and I. The house is actually on lake Vilma rd.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:16 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times
That's a nice home. no worries. It wasn't discounted much in the short sale however. The mortgage was for $540,000 so 90k isn't real low off of the mortgage. hopefully you offered at least 50k less than ask. Good luck.

I saw one recently there that needed a clean up on a lake for under 300k.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,945 times
Default Metrowest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alittleskeptical View Post
I will like to know if Metrowest area (32835) is a good area to raise kids of 5 & 4 yrs. We made offer for a house in february and still awaiting the bank response. We thought the area is very nice but now I am reading some bad comments about the area. Please let me know your opinion if you have lived or still living in this area.

Metrowest is a nice area. There are some sections closer to Kirkman Road and the numerous apartment complexes that have brought a bit of a questionable element to the area. One poster commented about the surrounding areas near the Walmart and that would be very close to the area I am mentioning. The house and subdivison you are mentioning is further back into Metrowest and is in a gated section. Some times I do feel that these types of gated communities give a bit of a false sense of security as every pizza guy in town knows the "secret code" to get through the gates. The schools here are good but not quite as good if you were a mile away in Dr. Phillips. Ok, that was a biased statement as my 3 kids go to Windy Ridge. I am biased as it is a K-8 but Metrowest and Windy Ridge are both A schools. I wish you the best in the outcome of the short sale process as we all know it can be tedious. If you get tired of waiting I have one right on the other side of the turnpike in Dr. Phillips. have you agent give me a call.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alittleskeptical View Post
Metrowest is a nice area, it's a more affordable Dr. Phillips. I'd try to find a house in Dr. Phillips, but if it's too expensive, Metrowest is a great runner up. However, I'd try to find something South of Raleigh St and West of Kirkman Rd.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:27 PM

17 posts, read 72,523 times
Any comments about the hamptons at metrowest... Single mom looking to move to apt in metrowest looking to buy no more than 50,000

Old 09-14-2011, 06:01 AM

16 posts, read 26,109 times
I lived at the Hamptons. The condo I was renting was a 2/2 lower level, which had a funky mold smell to it all the time. The carpet was sticky and never really came clean despite multiple cleanings. We changed the 3month filters monthly as they were so covered with dust and such. A lot of the units around me were empty and those that were filled, were only filled for short periods of time. I know they had structural issues. And honestly, I got sick of seeing the front area "under construction" for over 2 years with NO work done. I wouldn't choose to live there again. Security is a joke. A fire alarm went off in a neighboring unit for 2 DAYS! and no one investigated it... they only attempted to call the owner of the unit.

My kids went to MetroWest Elementary and liked it though. An older son went to Chain of Lakes and I was really unhappy with some of the staff there!

Old 09-14-2011, 12:52 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,491 times
Metro West is surrounded by bad areas-high crime, drugs etc. It is well documented. You can search these forums and find plenty of discussion on this. It is too bad because initially it was a nice area with attractive homes. But the walls do not keep the crimals out.

I would be very careful before I bought in this area. Kirkman road is a bad animal. Old Winter Garden rd is bad.
There are so many other areas that would be so much better for a family. And now with home prices bottoming out you could certainly find an affordable home in a much better area. Good luck.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:01 PM

17 posts, read 72,523 times
Any recomendations of a good area with good schools and a condo for no more than 50,000
Im worry more about elementary school
Thank u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando