Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyanese View Post
Can we get to the real issue here please and that is Nj's governor Chris Christie's weight, he needs to layoff the donuts
Let's see, there was skinny McGrevey, then average Corzine, now obese Christie. What's next? Jabba?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 09:45 AM

55 posts, read 136,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Ok first of all, no offense is meant to any posters here who live in Osceola County....

That being said does anybody else here feel like Kissimmee and Osceola County are like the "New Jersey" of Orlando?

What I mean by this is do Orlando/Orange County residents look at its southern neighbors the same way New Yorkers view New Jersey, the way NY'ers feel NJ is inferior to the city? Kinda like how "How I Met Your Mother" makes fun of New Jersey
I think some of you guys are taking the post the wrong way. It's just the perception from T.V. that New Yorkers look down on New Jersey. He was asking if citizens in Orlando look down on Kissimmee. I think they do and its a similar attitude that is seen on T.V.

I don't think he's saying NJ is a bad place to live- just talking about the stereotype we see on T.V.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:49 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by America097 View Post
I think some of you guys are taking the post the wrong way. It's just the perception from T.V. that New Yorkers look down on New Jersey. He was asking if citizens in Orlando look down on Kissimmee. I think they do and its a similar attitude that is seen on T.V.

I don't think he's saying NJ is a bad place to live- just talking about the stereotype we see on T.V.
Exactly right! And it's like this in other metro areas too. Out in Las Vegas, the city of North Las Vegas is the "NJ" of the Las Vegas Valley

But that is what I'm talking about, an attitude, a perception. Not a comparison of the two places, because one county of 275,000 people can't be compared to an entire state. And a lot of people perceive Orlando the way New Yorkers on TV perceive New Jersey

Old 09-05-2012, 10:49 PM

13 posts, read 19,345 times
Was born and raised in NY, NJ is like the cousin you don't think about or visit for that matter.
Living in Orlando now 12Yrs, First time down went to kissimmee hated it!!! And 192 businesses they are closing down as fast as they open up, reminds me of Bridgeport conn. I would never go live in osceola county even if you gave me a house and paid for it. Police stop you for any reason!! Just to make the county money, Thats why the businesses are closing down...No one from Orlando wants to drive over there.. Drive down 192, you will see what im talking about.. Ponderosa was there 30Yrs, now, just the building stands alone.. A ton of empty buildings, it's bad real real bad..

Old 09-13-2012, 09:31 AM

4 posts, read 5,583 times
First of all, why should anyone care how you feel about Kissimmee if you don't live there? I live in Kissimmee and I agree that the area along 192 east is very run down and old however, you should take a drive south of that area. Very nice neighborhoods. On second thought, maybe you shouldn't. Kissimmee and Osceola County is not an area where anyone with their nose as high up in the air as yours would want to visit so please, keep your a__ in Orange County.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhughes501 View Post
First of all, why should anyone care how you feel about Kissimmee if you don't live there? I live in Kissimmee and I agree that the area along 192 east is very run down and old however, you should take a drive south of that area. Very nice neighborhoods. On second thought, maybe you shouldn't. Kissimmee and Osceola County is not an area where anyone with their nose as high up in the air as yours would want to visit so please, keep your a__ in Orange County.
There are some rough, crappy areas in Poinciana. It's far from "beautiful."

PS--I don't live in Orange County.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:44 PM

457 posts, read 627,478 times
I live in Osceola county because I found a house I loved in an area i liked. The houses weren't built one on top of the next. The area is more rural, but my little neighborhood could not be described as anything but "suburban."

I like a little peace and quiet. I really do. And none of the tourists make their way here.

There are areas people would refer to as "redneck" but I don't mind that at all.

It is a drive to get to places others take for granted...more inconvenient. In the days before amazon, it would have been much more of a problem than it is now. I don't need to go to the mall all the time.

I don't know if anyone looks down on Osceola County. If it makes them happy, it's all good.

I don't look down on anyone, nor do I care if someone looks down on Osceola County. Life is too short to worry about such dumb stuff.

I've been to New York. Nice shows, but I wouldn't want to live there even if they didn't have winter.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:40 PM

13 posts, read 19,345 times
Truth hits people hard!! LMAO

Old 01-01-2013, 07:56 PM

170 posts, read 571,413 times
All of south central Orlando has that feel. Drive on OBT. It's bad. Kissimmee is different, and not in a good way.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:47 AM
aax

710 posts, read 498,549 times
Osceola has Celebration, which is just as nice as the best parts of Winter Park. So you're wrong.

And Kissimmee needs some work I admit but it could be the next Austin if city leaders do it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando