Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:33 PM

61 posts, read 72,668 times

Advertisements

Hello all. The wife and I are planning to move to Florida sometime in the near future. I have a great job opportunity. The job itself it located on the outskirts of Orlando. Don't know the address but the company's names is Martin Brower. We would love to live near the ocean or at least 30min from. We would love a nice safe town. Are budget would be 250000. I would appreciate the help. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 09:08 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,184,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbloom99 View Post
Hello all. The wife and I are planning to move to Florida sometime in the near future. I have a great job opportunity. The job itself it located on the outskirts of Orlando. Don't know the address but the company's names is Martin Brower. We would love to live near the ocean or at least 30min from. We would love a nice safe town. Are budget would be 250000. I would appreciate the help. Thank you
Maybe something in Port St. John since you could take 528 and 417 to the job. Would be tolls. Or take 528 to south Orange Ave.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:21 AM

Thank you Rabflmom. Do you know any information on Cocoa fl. How is that area. I just looked at Zillow and you find a nice house with pool for under 250000 and it's only a 45 min commute into Orlando

Old 02-23-2017, 12:45 PM

24,409 posts, read 27,001,341 times
Quote:
Thank you Rabflmom. Do you know any information on Cocoa fl. How is that area. I just looked at Zillow and you find a nice house with pool for under 250000 and it's only a 45 min commute into Orlando
Cocoa is kind of a dump from my experience (never lived there though, but been there many, many times). Given your work's location and your desire to be an easy drive from the beach, I think Lake Nona would be perfect. It's an easy commute to work and to Cocoa. You can find some decent town homes for $250k.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:17 PM

27,231 posts, read 44,008,363 times
Quote:
Cocoa is often mentioned as undesirable but there are decent neighborhoods on the west side and they're more "custom-style" with larger lots than most areas. Here's a few examples in the 45 minute commute distance as well.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...38_rect/12_zm/

Old 02-23-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Cocoa is often mentioned as undesirable but there are decent neighborhoods on the west side and they're more "custom-style" with larger lots than most areas. Here's a few examples in the 45 minute commute distance as well.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...38_rect/12_zm/
It's not that Cocoa doesn't have some nice housing areas, it's more that the city itself is a dump.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:03 PM

Thank you all for helping us out. My wife was looking online and found the town called Sanford. If this place looks like it does on google, then this might be the spot. And come to find out, it's only a 35 min drive to New Smyrna beach. Keep on researching.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you all for helping us out. My wife was looking online and found the town called Sanford. If this place looks like it does on google, then this might be the spot. And come to find out, it's only a 35 min drive to New Smyrna beach. Keep on researching.
That would be a very miserable and expensive commute to Martin Brower.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:57 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,184,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's not that Cocoa doesn't have some nice housing areas, it's more that the city itself is a dump.
But you don't live there. Probably only been on a couple main streets that residents rarely are even on. There are not so good areas like anywhere but good people and areas to live. West on 520 are some nice homes.They have a beautiful park out there, close to Lone Cabbage fish camp. Easy commute to Orlando via 520 to 528. Port St. John which also has a Cocoa address but not in the town itself also has homes in their price range and has the advantage of being on the river for boating, fishing, etc. And if they like football. The high school team in Cocoa is a winner. State champs 4 times. Just South of Cocoa is Rockledge and Viera and even living in the residential areas of Cocoa Beach would just add another 15-20 minutes to the commute.

His job is right off of the 417 in South East part of Orlando and close enough to 528 to make an easy commute so where ever they choose should be South or South East of Orlando to keep the commute to work and beach shorter.

BTW OP do you have kids?

Old 02-23-2017, 07:39 PM

Where would you recommend to change my impression of Cocoa? I've been to a lot of areas and I'm not talking about houses because I assume the OP doesn't plan to become a hermit crab in their house. My experience in Cocoa has been retirees or non educated young adults. The city itself is very run down, no real dining scene or anything to offer besides the water. But if I'm missing a secret downtown area or nice streets with restaurants/stores etc please let me know, honest suggestion because Cocoa is closer to me than New Symrna, but I still go to NSB because I find it so much nicer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando