Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 06:11 AM

20 posts, read 54,485 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your replies!

To flUNB: I am just looking for the best place to buy a property that I can let long term until I want to live there myself. So criterias would be; a good area, (but if the cost for living is low, no problem at all, like low HOA costs) and easy to attract tenants.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 08:51 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaUnBusiness View Post
Seriously, what makes you want to move to DP? High Hoa laws, High property taxes, and believe me...the houses don't even truely stack up to the measure the name stand for. Let me know, I'm curious.
Location, location location

Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
No real bad areas of Dr Phillips. 32819 & 32836 are the zips. 32819 includes Dr Phillips Homes north of Sand Lk Rd. 32836!is everything south of Sand Lk. 32819 also includes all of I Drive north of 528 up to Oak Ridge Rd, John Young Pkwy is its eastern boundary, & Tangelo Park is in this zip code as well. Tangelo Park is fairly isolated though. The neighborhood isn't all that visible from Sand Lk Rd, & is surrounded by I Drive to the north and west, and industrial buildings and swampland to the south and east.

IMO Tangelo is nothing to worry about

Old 04-08-2013, 11:02 PM

20 posts, read 35,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Forrest View Post
Thank you all for your replies!

To flUNB: I am just looking for the best place to buy a property that I can let long term until I want to live there myself. So criterias would be; a good area, (but if the cost for living is low, no problem at all, like low HOA costs) and easy to attract tenants.

Any suggestions?
If I was to buy for tenents, and looking for people to actually consider to buy the property from me, I would head South of Orlando - and OUT of orange county.

Work wise, you have to head North-East of Orlando towards Sandford & Maitland.

So, this puts you in a quagmire. You have good families, and schools - but income is lower to the South. The houses are way prettier than DP/Sand Lake area, lower taxes, and HOA fees. But, families make a lower income. Go to the North-East of Orlando, and while I'm not too in love with the living there...MONEY is better there, therefore - businesswise, you will get more for rent and at a lower cost.

Do not buy in Orange County. I hope this helped, and if you want anymore help, you can pm me. And PLEASE research before you buy. Also, talk to many Realtors. Right now, many are starving. They will hype things up to sell.

Stay out of areas like Poinciana, BVL, Celebration, DP, and more. The first 2 are just empty home areas, and not good. The Second two are very well to do areas, but NOT worth it investment wise. I hold no love to them.

Good luck.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,512,388 times
Not everyone works in Sanford or Maitland. I seriously doubt most of the people living in Windermere or DP would be willing to make that commute every day.

OP, Dr. Phillips is a great choice for a good family community with great schools, safe neighborhoods, and ton of conveniences and entertainment. The rental market seems very hot right now... recently went condo hunting for a rental in DP in a neighborhood close to the central shopping area. We checked it out the day after it was posted on Zillow, and already there were a few other possible tenants looking at the place the same day. I don't think you'd have a problem finding renters.

Resell/rental value wouldn't be as high in Osceola County because the schools aren't ranked well.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:39 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
Not everyone works in Sanford or Maitland. I seriously doubt most of the people living in Windermere or DP would be willing to make that commute every day.

OP, Dr. Phillips is a great choice for a good family community with great schools, safe neighborhoods, and ton of conveniences and entertainment. The rental market seems very hot right now... recently went condo hunting for a rental in DP in a neighborhood close to the central shopping area. We checked it out the day after it was posted on Zillow, and already there were a few other possible tenants looking at the place the same day. I don't think you'd have a problem finding renters.

Resell/rental value wouldn't be as high in Osceola County because the schools aren't ranked well.
Agreed. DP is the go to place for many professionals and the market has definitely tightened since a couple years ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando