Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 AM

5 posts, read 340,303 times

Advertisements

Myself and my girlfriend are moving to the Clermont area at the end of June for at least one year. She has accepted an internship (paid) in Clermont to complete her doctorate and I am looking to find a job in a restaurant working in the kitchen. I have been looking for apatments online and have some concerns about moving somewhere I have never been. While the apartments in Clermont look nice in the pictures, after going to several apartment rating sites online, I have to admit I am quite nervous. None of the apartments have good reviews from current and past residents who took the time to voice their opinion. I have read a lot about gunshots, burglary, and gang problems in all of these big apartment complexes. We are also open to the idea of renting a house but once again, we need help from some locals who might be able to steer us in the right direction. I know that every city has problems (we are from a large city). But, we don't want to live in the ghetto. Any help would be greatly apprecciated.
Thanks,
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM

523 posts, read 2,829,881 times
I would look for newer apts, the more you pay the better chance you get a better complex. Also lot of people live in outskirts and drive to Clermont,

Old 03-28-2007, 10:53 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridasunshine View Post
I would look for newer apts, the more you pay the better chance you get a better complex. Also lot of people live in outskirts and drive to Clermont,
The Gardens at Citrus Tower-i believe on North Ridge Blvd. I've driven by them, they are new, look very nice. . . The probably have a website.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 PM

89 posts, read 280,633 times
Hi, I live in Clermont now. The apartments you have probably read about are most likely in the four corners area which is south hwy 27. You really will think Clermont is beautiful rolling hills and very up and coming. Stay closer to hwy 50 and 27 which is north. South is about 20 minutes the other way and is an area that is zoned short term rentals so you get lots of people visiting and more crime because it is a tourist area. The ones I would look at would be sundance apartments which is beautiful and gated and in a better school district for families. The Gardens is new and very beautiful also but closer to minneola. The Villages at east lake are in a nice area too. You can also call a development call Magnolia Point lots of upscale homes, condos, and townhomes in gated community. You can sometimes find rentals there. I hope this helps

Jessica

Old 03-29-2007, 07:34 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,750 times
There just simply are not that many bad areas in Clermont! And right now I see many houses for rent. I don't know which apts. you've checked out, and I'm really not that familiar with them, but these are in nice areas:

-Sundance Apartment Homes
-The Garden at Citrus Tower

Have you checked out the Orlando Sentinel classifieds for Clermont? You possibly could get a small house for what some apts. cost. I really have not heard of any gangs around here at all, not that I'd hear everything! But we're not big-city crime by a long shot. Good luck in your move!

Old 04-12-2007, 05:52 AM

2 posts, read 4,395 times
Gun shots and burglary?? In Clermont?? I'm sure it happens everywhere but Clermont is not a place I'd associate it with.

I grew up there. Very safe and friendly community.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewilson2323 View Post
Myself and my girlfriend are moving to the Clermont area at the end of June for at least one year. She has accepted an internship (paid) in Clermont to complete her doctorate and I am looking to find a job in a restaurant working in the kitchen. I have been looking for apatments online and have some concerns about moving somewhere I have never been. While the apartments in Clermont look nice in the pictures, after going to several apartment rating sites online, I have to admit I am quite nervous. None of the apartments have good reviews from current and past residents who took the time to voice their opinion. I have read a lot about gunshots, burglary, and gang problems in all of these big apartment complexes. We are also open to the idea of renting a house but once again, we need help from some locals who might be able to steer us in the right direction. I know that every city has problems (we are from a large city). But, we don't want to live in the ghetto. Any help would be greatly apprecciated.
Thanks,
Mike
Clermont is quite nice. I'd say check ApartmentRatings.com and see which neighborhoods are better.

I think the saying goes "you get what you pay for". In Central Florida/Orlando that is very much the truth.

If you are not ready to spend a nice $1,100 - $1,500 on a 2/2 apt, then you will be living in a pretty shoddy area. You will hear scream, slamming doors, loud Spanish music, fights in the hallways, bully kids on the streets, drug dealers on the corner, and even gunshots all hours of the night. These problems are usually in Orlando/East Orlando, and the known bad areas (Kirkman, and more recently MetroWest).

Another alternative to save some money is to live away from the busy areas into more residential "bedroom communities". Clermont is kinda like that.

I think you will like Clermont. Clermont is pretty safe. Check out Lake Mary, Oviedo, and Winter Springs too. You might like these too.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:40 AM

5 posts, read 340,303 times
Default APartment ratings

Thank you all very much who took the time to reply. But, all of the apartment complexes that have been mentioned were the same ones I read about that have crime problems at apartmentratings.com. Sundance apartments, the Citrus Tower, etc... These are the apartments that look great on their websites but the people who have reviewed them talk about the horrors of living there. And then some of your posts talk about how there are NO problems at all in Clermont. I am just confused. The highest rating is 46%! Here is a link to the apartments listed in Clermont that have been reviewed, http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/FL-Clermont.html
Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:04 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewilson2323 View Post
Thank you all very much who took the time to reply. But, all of the apartment complexes that have been mentioned were the same ones I read about that have crime problems at apartmentratings.com. Sundance apartments, the Citrus Tower, etc... These are the apartments that look great on their websites but the people who have reviewed them talk about the horrors of living there. And then some of your posts talk about how there are NO problems at all in Clermont. I am just confused. The highest rating is 46%! Here is a link to the apartments listed in Clermont that have been reviewed, http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/FL-Clermont.html
Any further info would be greatly appreciated.
Well after reading the comments on that website, I'd have doubts too. But remember those are only a few comments and probably the people who have good experiences aren't posting anything. If Clermont's are rated this low, it would surprise me that most Orlando apts. are even livable! Have you looked into renting a house perhaps? Maybe you could just go into a short term lease agreement which would give you a chance to look around and decide which areas you prefer.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:58 AM

555 posts, read 2,211,852 times
Look more to the north towards Minneola and the Leesburg area. I definetely would stay away from the Four Corner area south of Clermont. Even the south side of Leesburg wouldn't be too bad. Also, check into housing located north off the Florida Turnpike from Hwy 27 towards Wildwood. I know there are new subdivisions going up along the turnpike, but I'm not real sure about apartments. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando