Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:00 PM

717 posts, read 2,807,889 times

Advertisements

I am looking for some good flea markets to check out in the Orlando area....the good old-fashion flea markets where you can find a lot of "yard sale" or "garage sale" stuff. I am NOT looking for the ones that have a huge majority of new & dollar store stuff.

I've gone to a few of them on 192 in Kissimmee, but have been disappointed cause they are the "new" junk ones. I moved here from Pennsylvania-where flea markets were like giant yard sales all in one place. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 32,539 times
flea Market at the central florida fair grounds (friday-sat-sun only)

Old 06-13-2009, 02:34 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,031 times
A bit scarce around here, unfortunately. I'm going to try Webster west side flea market. It's open on Mondays & I'm told you have to be there very early, like 5 am. Long car lines to get in so the earlier the better. I don't think it is all that close to the Orlando area but I've heard it is worth the trip. There are also many communities that have a once a year yard sale - Hunters Creek is one of them.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
A bit scarce around here, unfortunately. I'm going to try Webster west side flea market. It's open on Mondays & I'm told you have to be there very early, like 5 am. Long car lines to get in so the earlier the better. I don't think it is all that close to the Orlando area but I've heard it is worth the trip. There are also many communities that have a once a year yard sale - Hunters Creek is one of them.
I have never heard of the Webster flea market? Can you tell me where it is? It's on Monday's--that is weird...

I live in Hunter's Creek. Our community yard sale is always the first Saturday in May and the first Saturday in November. We have been here 5 years now. I have to tell you, with each yard sale, it seems as if we have fewer and fewer people participating; AND less and less people attending. Maybe it's just me, but it kinda seems that way for all of the community yard sales anymore. They just don't seem to draw the people that we got used to a few years back.

After 29 years of marriage and 4 kids--I always have tons of stuff to put out. I do so at every sale--and I always get rid of stuff--FOR WHICH I AM VERY THANKFUL. Now, I need to find a flea market that I can rent a table cheap and get rid of more. I never thought I would miss a basement--but I miss that thing I used to call a dungeon.

On the flip side, my daughter and I love to shop at yard sales and good flea markets--but we haven't been looking or buying lately. I'm really trying to get rid of--cause I know I'll be moving again.

Trina--thanks. I haven't ever gone to look there.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:31 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,323 times
There is a small flea market on Hwy 441 about a mile north of Maitland Blvd that is pretty nice.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajourney View Post
I have never heard of the Webster flea market? Can you tell me where it is? It's on Monday's--that is weird...

I live in Hunter's Creek. Our community yard sale is always the first Saturday in May and the first Saturday in November. We have been here 5 years now. I have to tell you, with each yard sale, it seems as if we have fewer and fewer people participating; AND less and less people attending. Maybe it's just me, but it kinda seems that way for all of the community yard sales anymore. They just don't seem to draw the people that we got used to a few years back.

After 29 years of marriage and 4 kids--I always have tons of stuff to put out. I do so at every sale--and I always get rid of stuff--FOR WHICH I AM VERY THANKFUL. Now, I need to find a flea market that I can rent a table cheap and get rid of more. I never thought I would miss a basement--but I miss that thing I used to call a dungeon.

On the flip side, my daughter and I love to shop at yard sales and good flea markets--but we haven't been looking or buying lately. I'm really trying to get rid of--cause I know I'll be moving again.

I'll check out the location & post it tomorrow. Small world - my daughter also lives in Hunters Creek now for 5 years & has lived in PA.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
There is a small flea market on Hwy 441 about a mile north of Maitland Blvd that is pretty nice.
Is it Saturdays and Sundays--or when? thanks!!!

Old 06-14-2009, 07:29 AM

56 posts, read 216,698 times
Definitely check out Webster. It's only open on Mondays but it's worth going to at least once.

Article about Webster on WFTV

Google Maps location

Also, there's Rennigers Antique & Flea Market on 441 in Mt. Dora. This one is open on weekends like a typical flea market.

Renningers Florida Mt. Dora, Antiques and flea market

Old 06-14-2009, 08:16 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnor View Post
Definitely check out Webster. It's only open on Mondays but it's worth going to at least once.

Article about Webster on WFTV

Google Maps location

Also, there's Rennigers Antique & Flea Market on 441 in Mt. Dora. This one is open on weekends like a typical flea market.

Renningers Florida Mt. Dora, Antiques and flea market
I was just going to recommend the one in Mt Dora.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajourney View Post

If you want to rent a table & not go to far look into Osceola flea market. The very back left side of the market is a little open area (no shade) that people rent tables usually on Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando