Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 01:48 PM

6 posts, read 7,819 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Orlando, with my girlfriend, sometime around March of this year, and I'm looking for a little advice on the best areas to look at for renting a place when we first move.

I'll be working in the Downtown area (Lake Eola), and want to keep the commute reasonable (less than 30 mins).

Initially, we're looking to rent for 6 months, trying to stay under $1400 a month for a 2 bedroom place. I would prefer to do rent some sort of town-home, but open to apartments etc. as well.

We're late twenties/early thirties, and ideally looking for a nice area where you can walk around without having to drive everywhere. It would be good to have a selection of bars and restaurants relatively nearby.

I've been reading a bunch of posts on here, but any specific advice would be appreciated to balance a nice area, our rental budget, and commute to work etc.

I'll be in Orlando to look around this week, so if people have specific areas we should check out within a neighborhood to get a good feel for that neighborhood it would be ace. Hopefully that would save us aimlessly driving around a bunch of side-streets without really getting to see the best of an area.

Any help appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 02:01 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,346,116 times
Thornton Park, Baldwin Park and College Park would meet all your criteria with minimal commute. From the Thornton Park/Lake Eola area you could walk to work. A little further out you could search in Winter Park, Uptown Altamonte and downtown Lake Mary. They just built a new complex right at the Lake Mary Sunrail station. Skyhouse downtown might also be a good option.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:21 PM

Thanks Crane. I was just looking into the Sunrail now, and would be very open to living somewhere close to a station if I could use it for a commute.

A couple of questions:

- Is there a 'centre' or 'main street' to Baldwin Park/College Park areas we should check out? (We have a lot of ground to cover in just a couple of days, so trying to hit the highlights and get a good feel for each area, without killing too much time)

Thanks for your help!

Old 01-12-2015, 02:25 PM

17,208 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsrno1 View Post
Thanks Crane. I was just looking into the Sunrail now, and would be very open to living somewhere close to a station if I could use it for a commute.

A couple of questions:

- Is there a 'centre' or 'main street' to Baldwin Park/College Park areas we should check out? (We have a lot of ground to cover in just a couple of days, so trying to hit the highlights and get a good feel for each area, without killing too much time)

Thanks for your help!
Edgewater Dr. around Princeton. in College Park

New Broad St. in Baldwin Park

Old 01-13-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Edgewater Dr. around Princeton. in College Park

New Broad St. in Baldwin Park
Thanks. I'll check them out

Old 01-15-2015, 02:14 PM

Another question folks. What would be considered the 'center' of Winter park, or the best location (street, intersection etc.) to check out to get a feel for the area?

Thanks!

Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,514,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsrno1 View Post
Another question folks. What would be considered the 'center' of Winter park, or the best location (street, intersection etc.) to check out to get a feel for the area?

Thanks!
The intersection of Park Ave. and Morse Blvd. is basically the center of downtown Winter Park.

I'd also suggest checking out Thornton Park along E. Washington St.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
The intersection of Park Ave. and Morse Blvd. is basically the center of downtown Winter Park.

I'd also suggest checking out Thornton Park along E. Washington St.
Thanks - really appreciate the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando