Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 06:16 PM

23 posts, read 29,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I would highly suggest visiting first as a local (versus a vacation) before making the leap, and wouldn't confuse fantasy time spent at Disney World with the realities of living in the area as it's nowhere near what you imagine most likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorJul View Post
We are closing in two weeks on a new construction four bedroom single-story with a bonus room on the second story (just needs to have a door put in and it will be a second master bedroom, as it has an en suite bathroom and walk-in closet). The location we picked in Windermere is quite literally in the back yard of Walt Disney World (including fireworks views every night). Not sure what your budget is, but we found it to be very affordable for what we were considering. (We were able to put in some upgrades and add a pool with various upgrades and still come in under $500K.)

As far as Winter Garden goes, if you stay in the Horizon West part of Winter Garden, you will have almost exclusively new construction and low crime rates. You also have your choice of pretty much any builder that you can think of. When we were looking around, the ones that really fit our needs were Beazer, DH Horton, Meritage, Pulte, and Taylor Morrison. We also looked at Ashton Woods (who has a large development called Ashlin Park just starting in Windermere), but they didn't have the single-story life that we were looking for.

For the Windermere/Winter Garden part of Horizon West, you're located about halfway between Dr. P. Phillips hospital and Florida Hospital at Celebration. There's also a new hospital facility being built up in Winter Garden. In addition, there is a medical facility being planned near the Summerport subdivision, and there are many smaller medical offices. Longer-term (theoretically within 5 years, although I'm a "don't believe it until I see it" type of person), Horizon West Town Center-Hamlin will have a large medical campus at its north-central area.

I absolutely agree with Kyle that spending some time in the area not doing the vacation experience can help determine whether the life is a good fit for you. That said, there are many people who do balance "real life" with a permanent staycation-type life. Because I supplement my editing work with freelance writing as a travel and tourism writer with a Disney emphasis, I'm in the parks a couple times a week for a few hours here or a few hours there. It is very easy to pop over to Epcot and use that as our local food court or just wander around Animal Kingdom for a morning watching the animals starting their day or head over to one of the resorts to do a couple miles of strolling to stretch the legs. It also frees up time to vacation elsewhere, which is a unique added perk.
Awesome!! Your work/play lifestyle sound dreamy!! Would you mind sharing your "builder" That floorplan would be perfect!! Congrats on your new home!! Enjoy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 03:49 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZBIZ View Post
I was also looking at Claremont! Yes! I will defiently consider 1.5 story. My budget is approx. 400,000 to 450,000.
Thank you!!
It's Clermont. No "A".

Old 04-12-2015, 05:40 PM

782 posts, read 1,368,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIZBIZ View Post
Awesome!! Your work/play lifestyle sound dreamy!! Would you mind sharing your "builder" That floorplan would be perfect!! Congrats on your new home!! Enjoy!!
We went with Beazer's Macarthur model in Windermere Trails.

Macarthur II Home Plan in Windermere Trails, Windermere, FL | Beazer Homes

Old 04-13-2015, 12:30 PM

78 posts, read 120,539 times
What is your price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando