Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 05:52 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,374 times

Advertisements

mass shooting, Pine Hills:

4 people found shot in Orange County | Local News - WESH Home

Old 08-23-2015, 08:07 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
"You're not safe anywhere, people walking to their car can get robbed in a parking lot. People have no care, they have no compassion, they don't care anymore. They only care about themselves, and they're getting desperate," said resident Robert Smith.

Man robbed toll booth worker on S.R. 417, sheriff's office says | Local News - WESH Home
The only answer to that is not to have nice things, only go out during the day. Try to blend in and not stand out....and yes Joey many people dont care. Its been a while since they have.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:58 AM

2 shootings

Orlando police investigate double shooting | Local News - WESH Home

Old 08-24-2015, 01:52 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
I think Joey is making a POINT--- CARE about these things so we can fix it! No reason we who live and work here need to accept so much lawlessness...
I get highly peeved when the kids can't just go out and play like I used to- turning them into cave people.
I'm glad parents can afford football and cheerleading etc. but what happens to the cave dwellers when they grow up? always going to be living in FEAR? at my age just thinking of how the future will be.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I think Joey is making a POINT--- CARE about these things so we can fix it! No reason we who live and work here need to accept so much lawlessness...
I get highly peeved when the kids can't just go out and play like I used to- turning them into cave people.
I'm glad parents can afford football and cheerleading etc. but what happens to the cave dwellers when they grow up? always going to be living in FEAR? at my age just thinking of how the future will be.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:51 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:

My kids go out and play just like I did all the time.
It's all about where you chose to live.
I made it a priority to move away from busy areas and sketchy people.
We're in a secluded, hidden neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. Any unknown vehicle (or person) quickly gets noticed by us or our neighbors.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:29 AM

125 posts, read 462,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
My kids go out and play just like I did all the time.
It's all about where you chose to live.
I made it a priority to move away from busy areas and sketchy people.
We're in a secluded, hidden neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. Any unknown vehicle (or person) quickly gets noticed by us or our neighbors.
Precisely, everywhere you go there will be crime, some worse than others. As a parent moving from NY to FL I made sure to have the budget to move to an area where I wouldn't have to worry about the crime that occurs on a regular basis in some of these crime ridden communities. While no town is perfect and even those that are consider richer or more affluent than others you should never take anything for granted and always be careful and prepared for the worst.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:31 AM

146 posts, read 220,527 times
Quote:
I'm not convinced. Sounds like a bunch of teenage forum trolling and xenophobia to me. I think that's Joey's angle. Thanks mods!

Old 08-25-2015, 06:17 PM

This happened right near Mills 50.

Customers, employees forced into freezer during IHOP robbery - Orlando Sentinel

Old 08-25-2015, 07:00 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
There was a hit and run this AM, person on bicycle killed. Kissimmee. Again.

Hit n runs are outta control in FL. For those of you my age (30) with small kids/toddlers, does this worry you?

I know many of us wont even be living in FL in 10-15 yrs anyway, but those of you my age who plan to be here, is this something you worry about? I know I dont want my kids here when they start driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando