Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 03:45 PM

15 posts, read 14,048 times

Advertisements

Congrats on making a move!! I lived at Fort Campbell, KY a few years ago and now here in FL also!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 05:28 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
oh and Clermont sits on the edge of Disney- but depends what park-- all the people who live in south Clemront we met worked at Disney -15 min commute depending on traffic. lots of new builds there- but again I'd rent before buy- until I know where I want to live forever-- and NEVER go to Davenport-- it is Polk county

Old 01-04-2016, 07:06 AM

17,210 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Dr Phillips or Windermere or South Winter Garden.
Stay in Orange County (no Celebration, no Clermont)

Imply some kind of Budget. Those areas are expensive- but there's a reason for it.
Why no Clermont?

Old 01-10-2016, 06:57 AM

4 posts, read 4,154 times
This is hubby. We've narrowed down to a couple of houses.

One we particularly like is in a newish subdivision just north of Disney called Summerlake. It's just south of Independence, which I believe is also pretty new. Click here for the rough area.

We really like the house, but aren't sure we love the neighborhood. It could be really great, or really not great, depending on the details. We spent a little time driving around it, and it feels nice but unfinished.

If you have any thoughts on the long-term viability of the area we'd love to hear them.

If you have any personal experience there or know someone who does, we'd REALLY love to hear about it!

Old 01-11-2016, 08:03 PM

7 posts, read 5,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybys View Post
Hi all -

We are moving to Orlando from Kentucky in less than 2 weeks. We have done research into what areas we might want to live in, but I wanted to double check if I've missed any areas.

We have 2 small children, 7 years and 15 months. We are looking to buy, but are open to renting. Finding a house with a high rated, safe school (elementary but also middle) is very important. Community feel, neighborhoods with other families, sidewalks for daily walking or a nearby park a plus. Will have daily commute to Disney, so less than 30 minute drive is important (can do tolls).

We have looked in Dr. Phillips, Windermere, Winter Garden, and Clermont. We've heard staying south of 50 is preferable.

We have a friend in Winter Park but we're worried the commute would be horrible in traffic. Thoughts?

Someone has also suggested INdian Ridge to us (by Celebration) but I can't seem to find any info on it.

Thanks for your input
Welcome to FL! While Clermont is a nice rural town, I'm finding several friends moving from Clermont closer in to the Orlando area because of distance. You are probably looking at a 30-40 ride on toll roads. You may want to look into the Hunters Creek area as its a family oriented community with good schools. It's also much closer (approx. 10 - 15 miles from Disney). I hope this info helps! I've lived in Orlando for over 20 years so let me know if you have questions as I am happy to help! :-)

Old 01-17-2016, 05:21 PM

11 posts, read 18,656 times
*bump* any residents of Summerlake that could chime in? Thanks!

Old 01-21-2016, 07:08 AM

698 posts, read 960,427 times
Can't chime in on Summerlake but a general suggestion is to rent BEFORE you buy. Renting gives you a chance to get to know the neighborhoods first before making a purchase.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:31 PM

215 posts, read 279,851 times
I do not live in Summerlake but pass it regularly. I hear good things about it- lots of amenities! It is part of the Horizon West area- you can find more information on the area on Untitled Document
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando