Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 06:51 AM

3 posts, read 3,146 times

Advertisements

I am considering purchasing a one or two bedroom condo in Legacy Dunes, Kissimmee Florida. I have seen postings from several years ago and hope to get some feedback from recent experiences of owners and guests. The HOA fees seem reasonable compared to other condos. I don't know if that means it is well-managed or if special assessments are looming... Are plumbing leaks still a large issue there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM

536 posts, read 853,012 times
I just performed a BPO (Broker Price Opinion) on a property in Legacy Dunes last week.

The asset management companies don't tell me why the bank or note holder wants the BPO valuation report (already foreclosed, short sale, modification, application to drop PMI, lis pendens, or simply stopped paying months ago) but I have to report all the facts about the Subject as well as 3 Active Listings & 3 Sold listings that are as close a match to the Subject as possible.

By the time I finish these very extensive reports, I've come very close to what a full fledged appraisal would accomplish. I performed 52 of them last month, all in the Reunion, Celebration, Davenport, Kissimmee, Poinciana, & sometimes St Cloud areas.

In the last 180 days, there have been 15 resales in Legacy Dunes, most of them for cash, because it's very hard to find financing in these types of communities, with lots of investor owned properties.

An average 2 bdrm 2 ba condo that sold for $262K in 2006 is pulling around $100K in 2016. And that's after it's been rehabbed with fresh paint & new carpet. Prices are still down a solid 50-60% from the 2006 highs.

There are currently 20 Active or Pending Resales listed in the MLS, ranging from $67,900 to $145K (they're dreaming).

And the next highest list of $129,900 has 710 day on the market, which means they're out of their minds, price wise.

The MLS currently says there is 17+ months of Housing Supply in Legacy Dunes, which is an extreme oversupply of inventory, & it's increasing. It appears a lot of people want to sell out of there.

5 months of housing inventory is considered a normal market, in balance.

The MLS also says only 13% of the units in Legacy Dunes are currently Owner Occupied, with 12% Rented, & 75% Vacant!

On the surface, the complex looks decent. Certainly the prices are still very low, having never really recovered from the crash, compared to most residential neighborhoods.

These are the current facts regarding Legacy Dunes, a resort style condominium complex adjacent to Disney off 192.

Whether this location makes sense as a purchase to you is a personal matter.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:30 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
I've sold in this one and others and find some others to be more bang for the buck than Legacy, but some just like it.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:51 AM

Thank you BrokerHarry for the thorough reply. I will give the information you shared a lot of thought. It is good to see this from different perspectives before jumping in. I had a negative experience with a nearby condo recently and am trying to go into any new purchase more informed than before.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:54 AM

Thank you AONE for the posting. It is helpful getting others' opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando