Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:48 AM

5 posts, read 15,713 times

Advertisements

I'll be relocating to the Orlando area sometime in July with the goal of purchasing a house 6-12 months after. I need to rent initially, check out the area, save money, etc. So, questions:

What are the places I should be looking at in these areas:
Winter Park/Altamonte/Winter Springs/Oviedo

I'm looking to spend around 600-700 for a 1br apt. What is typically included in terms a monthly expenditures and what is not? For example, I currently rent in the north east and have to pay for my own electricity/heat.

Are there any other fees other than rent that I should ask about?

I looked up a few places and saw the Sorrento Apts in Winter Park and the Oviedo Town Center had good reviews.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 12:25 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,335,507 times
Generally speaking most apartment rent includes rent only and utilities are separate. Some have started to include internet, cable or phone in the rent but those are mostly student complexes. In Altamonte try the Jamestown road area or along 436 or 434.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:18 PM

10 posts, read 22,410 times
I agree with what Crane's Rooster said about the utilities. There are some places that are starting to include cable and/or telephone. Are you interested in "being near the action" or in a more suburban environment?

Old 05-12-2010, 02:53 PM

5 posts, read 15,713 times
I'm looking to be in a more quiet setting, so I guess a suburban environment. I'm not looking for free internet/cable/phone but I was wondering about the more standard utilities like water and electricity. If I do have to pay for electricity separately, do I pay the rent property as a fee, or the utility company itself?
Thanks!

Old 05-12-2010, 02:57 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,335,507 times
The location you have selected are all nice quiet suburban areas, except parts of Oviedo and Winter Park which are more student heavy complexes. You can tell by looking at the descriptions which apartment complexes are for students. You pay your utilities directly to each utility company. So you will have a separate electric, water, internet/cable bill.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:13 PM

56 posts, read 314,105 times
For 1 bedrooms prices pretty much start at $600-$650 depending on the area you want to look at. Those prices are based on 12 or 13 month rents however. If you want to do anything shorter the rents will go up because anything shorter than 7 months gets hit with believe it or not short stay taxes similar if not the same as the ones hotels pay.
Most of the time water and electricity will not be included. Electricity you would pay the electricity company directly. For water most times you pay the complex you rent from (that's always been the case with me anyway).

I work in Real Estate in rentals for the greater Orlando area and help people find rentals on a daily basis. If there is anything I can help you with just sent me a message. I am out of town however tomorrow and Friday with no internet access, but will be back Saturday. (Moderator if it is not permitted to post this please feel free to delete).

Old 05-12-2010, 05:19 PM

105 posts, read 179,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyason View Post
I'll be relocating to the Orlando area sometime in July with the goal of purchasing a house 6-12 months after. I need to rent initially, check out the area, save money, etc. So, questions:

What are the places I should be looking at in these areas:
Winter Park/Altamonte/Winter Springs/Oviedo

I'm looking to spend around 600-700 for a 1br apt. What is typically included in terms a monthly expenditures and what is not? For example, I currently rent in the north east and have to pay for my own electricity/heat.

Are there any other fees other than rent that I should ask about?

I looked up a few places and saw the Sorrento Apts in Winter Park and the Oviedo Town Center had good reviews.

Thanks!

If you so happen to choose Altamonte, check out Archstone Central Parkway apartments off of Central Parkway. It has a suburban quiet/feel yet it's close to stores and major streets. The maintenance crew is awesome! Water/sewer/trash can be paid with the rent (only about $20 bucks a month for a 2 bdrm). Rent can be paid online as well. The largest one bdrm is about 850 sq ft. with a screened in patio/balcony.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:42 AM

2 posts, read 10,249 times
HELP! I am looking for rental for two students relocating from Missouri to attend UTI MMI. Need student affordable 2/3 bed good safe area preferrably withing 15 miles of school.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:07 AM

56 posts, read 314,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSmothers View Post
HELP! I am looking for rental for two students relocating from Missouri to attend UTI MMI. Need student affordable 2/3 bed good safe area preferrably withing 15 miles of school.
Check for apartments in zipcodes 32821 and 32837 that should put you pretty close to MMI.

Just a selection of apartments that will come up are Monterey Lake, The Vinings on Westwood Blvd, The Broadwater, The Venue Apartments, The Cottages at Hunters Creek, The Parks at Hunters Creek just to name a few. All will have different floor plans and prices.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 AM

5 posts, read 10,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyason View Post
i'll be relocating to the orlando area sometime in july with the goal of purchasing a house 6-12 months after. I need to rent initially, check out the area, save money, etc. So, questions:

What are the places i should be looking at in these areas:
Winter park/altamonte/winter springs/oviedo

i'm looking to spend around 600-700 for a 1br apt. What is typically included in terms a monthly expenditures and what is not? For example, i currently rent in the north east and have to pay for my own electricity/heat.

Are there any other fees other than rent that i should ask about?

I looked up a few places and saw the sorrento apts in winter park and the oviedo town center had good reviews.

Thanks!

thats very sad you moving to orlando, i feel sorry for you, do you really have to move to orlando, maybe try to find a jobs someplace else. Do not move to orlando
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando