Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,218,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome
It also had the reputation that you ended up in UCF because you couldn't get into any of the other Florida flagship schools.

I actually agree with you, I stated that UCF's engineering program has a good reputation, but it's probably through the perception of the whole school in general because in recent years UF and FSU have been more selective in enrollment, having to deny students admission, while UCF has not (i.e., letting anyone in, which could account for the huge growth). That may be changing these days because of the state budget situation and how it's affecting all Florida educational institutions, and therefore that perception may change.

Oh, and don't forget UCF is establishing its own medical school!
UCF admitted 48% of it's freshman applicants last year. In the Fall of 2008, UCF enrolled over 60 National Merit Scholars in their freshman class, which ranked 34th in the entire United States and second in Florida behind the University of Florida.

Here are their latest stats for incoming freshmen:
Fall 2008 - UCF Average SAT Score: 1219
Fall 2008 - UCF Average H.S. GPA: 3.76
Fall 2008 - UCF National Merit Scholars: 63

Sources:
USF: http://www.usf.edu/pdfs/USF_PocketFacts.pdf
UCF: UCF Newsroom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 07:08 AM

2 posts, read 3,820 times
Hello, I live in Waterford lakes...about three miles from the campus. It is a wonderful community, quiet and well kept area. There used to be a few college students in the house next door, but they moved. I will be back home and able to check it out for you if you like...in a week. The kids play outside on the street after dark...pretty safe!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:41 AM

66 posts, read 227,105 times
if you do decide to rent off campus, PM me, I graduated from ucf also from the business school (c/o '03) and have lived in the home since my last semester of college, i am looking to move and would love to rent the house out

Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,471,627 times
I graduated from UCF back in the late 90's. I loved the school then and it has only gotten bigger and better. Your going to love it. The new stadium is awesome and there is so much stuff to do in the UCF area.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 AM

3 posts, read 9,126 times
Thank you all for the great info!!! I really appreciate it!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,528 times
Looking for a place? Jasmine at Orlando East. Call us for more info. 407-282-1048.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:43 PM

10 posts, read 40,945 times
Don't live in Tivoli or Northgate. Tivoli *was* a nice place (lived there for a couple years), but it went down hill fast a couple years ago. Management there was great, but the people living there took the place down (vandalism and assaults, the result of unchecked excess partying). Northgate has bad management from what I hear from friends who lived there.

Honestly though, for your first year there, I would recommend living in some type of college housing just to meet people. But by your 2nd year, get a group of people together and rent a house south of 50 or in the Oviedo area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando