Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 03:38 PM

3 posts, read 5,582 times

Advertisements

So here is the deal I am moving to Orlando in a month to attend law school. I went down there last weekend to check out a few places to live and they all seemed to be pretty nice. However, when I got back home I got on apartmentreview.com and found out that every place I looked at had a horrible rating. So I'm looking to you all for some advice. If anyone knows anything about the fallowing places let me know:

Heather Glen

Heritage Estates

Park Central at Belmont-Charles Town-Manor row

The Arbors at Maitland Summit
and finally
The Woodlands.

Just let me know what you think of these places. I am trying to find a place under a grand and that has people around my age there (Im 23). If you can think of any other places that might be a good fit, let me know. Any information is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 04:08 AM

225 posts, read 644,099 times
Heather Glen was kind of "eh" a few years ago. It's close to UCF and some of my college friends rented there. Can't recall any major complaints, but when you're in your 20's just starting out, you can tolerate alot when you're trying to reach your goals.

Don't know the others. Why not ask fellow classmates?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the info Robineli, I really appreciate it. As far as asking my fellow classmates, my school does not start up until the 18th of Aug. so I do not know any of my classmates yet.
All of these apts are from the Zon Rental company. Anyone heard anything about these guys?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
The Arbors are pretty nice. I know some younger folks live there with a mix of young families. It's somewhat of a drive from Barry but not too bad getting to FAMU.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:07 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,383,389 times
Don't be discouraged by the negative reviews. To be honest, many people who rent apts are the biggest whiners I have ever met. Complain about their neighbor because they have friends over past 11 pm. They complain about rude staff, yet they don't pay their rent on time. The list goes on... lol

Old 07-17-2009, 02:35 PM

lol...Ya Jonotastic that is kind of the way I am beginning to see it. It seems that the only people who write the reviews are the people who are upset with their apartment, or people who, sound like they work for the apartment, and write amazing reviews in order to offset the bad reviews. I don't what to decide, right now the Arbors does not sound like a bad bet.
As a side question does anyone know where would be the best place to live, that would be in walking distance to some night life. I am trying to avoid cabs because when I was down there last weekend it cost me $110 to go from my hotel by the airport, to Winter Park, then by Barry, and back to my hotel.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:09 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
The only place to live and walk to nightlife is downtown. There are many Barry and UCF students who do it. Barry is not a bad commute from DT because you are headed against traffic. Downtown includes the neighborhoods of Thornton Park, Delaney Park, Uptown, Eola district, Eola Heights and South Colonialtowne if you want to walk to the nightlife.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:31 AM

9 posts, read 56,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbayley View Post
so here is the deal i am moving to orlando in a month to attend law school. I went down there last weekend to check out a few places to live and they all seemed to be pretty nice. However, when i got back home i got on apartmentreview.com and found out that every place i looked at had a horrible rating. So i'm looking to you all for some advice. If anyone knows anything about the fallowing places let me know:

Heather glen

heritage estates

park central at belmont-charles town-manor row

the arbors at maitland summit
and finally
the woodlands.

Just let me know what you think of these places. I am trying to find a place under a grand and that has people around my age there (im 23). If you can think of any other places that might be a good fit, let me know. Any information is appreciated.

move out by ucf....waterford lakes area...its bascily a party scene of college kids .

Old 07-22-2009, 04:53 AM

385 posts, read 1,403,754 times
I would just like to add to be careful judging to much on negative reviews. People are more likely to go out of their way to look for a place to complain than to look for a place to compliment. What I do is look at the comments and search for the ones that list specifics, and state them well (no text message language, at least half decent spelling and grammar), those are usually the only ones that are most useful. If it seems like the person was really angry when they wrote the message I take it with a grain of salt (even if the anger was justified), people will be more objective once they calm down a little.

-Harry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando