Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:38 AM

37 posts, read 167,209 times

Advertisements

Hello All we are moving to Winter Garden next week. I have been on this site for some time, I agree with others that there is no perfect place. Iwas wondering what your thoughts ae about Winter Garden. All info is welcomed we have done as much research as we can possibly do. I would just like to hear from the people that live/lived there what they think about it. Fortunately for my Wife and I we have been able to get transfered so work is not a concern. Any help would be aprrecitative. Any pictures to show other sights of Winter Garden would be great also.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 08:21 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,079 times
There is already a lot of commentary on Winter Garden. If you just put Winter Garden in under the search you will find it.
Some love Winter Garden and the revitalization of the downtown, the new subdivisions, etc., and some can't get past its "redneck" roots.
You are right though, good and bad, there is no perfect place. Good luck.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:17 PM

108 posts, read 692,781 times
Warning. When looking for a new home in Winter Garden do not purchase one in one of the new developments like Stone Crest on Daniels Road. In five months you’ll be living next to total traffic gridlock.

Traffic on 535 will be rerouted to Daniels Rd bringing already heavy 535 traffic through a new retail mega mall development. Daniels Rd will run through the center of the development making it the main thoroughfare to connect to hwy 50.

All in all Winter Garden is a lovely town. This pass Friday evening the town was packed and streets were blocked off for movie night. They also have the best walking / bike trail in central Florida the West Orange trail.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,079 times
The West Orange Trail is great. . . You can go all the way to Lake Minneola in Clermont and make the Sports Bar there your destination, or bike the other way out towards Apopka. And the trail goes right through downtown Winter Garden. It is definately a drawing point.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:09 AM

37 posts, read 167,209 times
Default Thank You

Thank You so much for the heads up!!!! We will be very cautious before buying. We are excited as well as nervous but we thingk that WG will work great for us.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:43 PM

99 posts, read 553,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaryl2002 View Post
Warning. When looking for a new home in Winter Garden do not purchase one in one of the new developments like Stone Crest on Daniels Road. In five months you’ll be living next to total traffic gridlock.

Traffic on 535 will be rerouted to Daniels Rd bringing already heavy 535 traffic through a new retail mega mall development. Daniels Rd will run through the center of the development making it the main thoroughfare to connect to hwy 50.

All in all Winter Garden is a lovely town. This pass Friday evening the town was packed and streets were blocked off for movie night. They also have the best walking / bike trail in central Florida the West Orange trail.
We also believe that there'll be a high impact on traffic in the area but Daniel's Rd will provide and additional route to SR-50 besides the 535. I find that the new mall is actually an added beefit to the Stonecrest community. Those residents can actually walk to the stores. I think that's what the developers have in mind- a walkable open mall.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC2OC View Post
We also believe that there'll be a high impact on traffic in the area but Daniel's Rd will provide and additional route to SR-50 besides the 535. .
OC20C, I hope you are right about the mall being walkable and it will be a beautiful mall. The problem I see is that Daniels road will be the primary road to hwy 50 from the mall. They are going to great lengths to keep traffic off 535. It is going to stay a 2 lane road heading toward WG and right pass the mall they are building calming devises to slow traffic. One will be a round-a-bout on 535 that will serve a back entrance to the mall from 535. With a reduced speed limit on 535 to 35 mph it will be too much trouble to take 535 so Daniels Road will get the bulk of traffic.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 PM

99 posts, read 553,600 times
Check out their site:
http://www.wintergardenvillage.com/index.html
The mall will be different than the others I've seen (at least from the marketing blurbs I've read/seen).

Old 05-14-2007, 08:44 PM

For a list of current retailers check this website. Sembler dot com

Old 05-14-2007, 09:13 PM

131 posts, read 577,968 times
Default Good luck with Winter Garden

Hi. I used to live in Oakland and if we are able to get our job transfer we'll be looking to rent in either Oakland or WG and eventually buy.

I don't like subdivisions per say, but love Courtlea Oaks and that is what got me to look at that area in 01 when we bought in Oakland. I also like Winter Oaks subdivision, although having a zero lot line would suck.. the houses are pretty.

WG Pizza .. my fav place when I am in town visiting and the bike trail.. Looks like prices are starting to fall and head in the right direction (sorry to any of you that are losing too much money).

Good luck. WG has a lot to offer. My old neighbors sent their kids to Foundation Academy.. very good school, they were impressed.

Tracey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando