Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 02:52 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,481,447 times

Advertisements

Maybe you're not job searching correctly. I moved from CT in April and found a job in my field in 2 months. It was far, but OK for the time. I didn't like it there, so I just started working in a similar role in Orlando. Took me about 2 months to find that job also. Pay is not bad. I got the same as I was making in CT at the first job and a $10K bump at his job

Speaking of which, we have a Sr. Accountant position available but must have experience in fixed assets. We also have an internal audit position open. Go to www.orlandoairports.net and check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 03:38 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleo99 View Post
The only decent jobs they have in Orlando are Lockeed Martin and related defense contractor industries on the east end of town in Research Park by UCF.
Oh please. There are plenty of good jobs in the area. I guess YOU just don't know where to find them.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:16 AM

28 posts, read 57,349 times
I know this will bump the thread but didn't want to create a new one. I have a degree in Accounting, and have been looking in FL and CT for entry level positions. Right now I live at home in CT and have been working as a Quality Assurance Tech at a medical devices company, since February, in CT. I don't think this will help me eventually get an Accounting position, but everything I have interviewed for in the field I have gotten the thanks, but no thanks response. I want to move back to FL, but I can't afford to unless I already have a job lined up. I have been focusing my search on the Orlando area and also in Seminole County. Would anyone have any advice on where I can begin focusing my search to be better effective?

Old 03-25-2011, 11:24 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
Florida jobless rate drops to 11.5%; Metro Orlando down to 10.8% - OrlandoSentinel.com

It's a start

Old 03-26-2011, 02:03 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
I do see the job market easing a bit lately, but I'd still caution anyone to not come here without a job lined up first.

A lot of the jobs are never even advertised, but rather found through networking. I know three people recently hired for decent ($40K and up) positions that were never advertised. They found them through networking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: